Vintage Thread - ASR-10/X/EPS/S950/SP12 - Get iN!

itsberg

At work righ now but I'll edit this joint lata... I wanted to make a spot for the vintage heads to share some tips, advice, and insider ish about the old school stuff... If u got an old school box or set of keys... get yo ass in here homey!!!

I've had all the boxes listed in the title. Nothing beats the classics. My personal fav. was the SP-12 Turbo and the MPC-60.

I have a series on my blog about getting vintage gear sounds for less, check it at beatstatus dizzot com

I own the EPS classic and I wish I had the rack version or even an S950but I have a feeling the ensoniq would be easier to use

I've had all the boxes listed in the title. Nothing beats the classics. My personal fav. was the SP-12 Turbo and the MPC-60.

I have a series on my blog about getting vintage gear sounds for less, check it at beatstatus dizzot com

homey what did the turbo have that the regular sp-12 didnt? More memory?? Also, how would you describe the sound of an mpc 60? I mean bare, no crazy signal path just str8 to daw inputs or something similar? I'll also check out the site brotha.

I own the EPS classic and I wish I had the rack version or even an S950but I have a feeling the ensoniq would be easier to use

I like playing keys, so I'd always opt for a sampler wit keys, unless it was something crazy. The first box I owned was a asr-x black, and i couldnt figure out how to get it right, i swear for years. I was like 16-17 somethin like that. Once i got the MP i learned sequencing, and i got the Asr-10 recently to make my own patches. I heard the 10 and the EPS are basically the same machines and we both get effects from the DP4 module. The 950 definitely sounds nice but again, I'd only mess with racks for sound modules or signal processing. I guess you could control it but I tried that with the Asr-X and it felt primitive.

The only reason I want a rack mount sampler is because its easier to incorperate into a daw style workflow and still keep ur desk clean if u have the proper stand. I have an S3000 and my EPS. The EPS is so much easier to use and faster but I love that the 3k takes up so little room

i LOVE using my asr x... its so simple for me to use and reminds me of the sp 404 i had and sold. but there are so many parameters you can mess with, its real easy to get lost inside the machine.

check out the music straight from the black box. VVV

I swear by the E-Mu Emax. All the great lofi sample quality of a 1200 in a much cheaper keyboard sampler with more sample time!

I got a ASR-10 and love that damn thing.
If I had to do it all over again, I'd get one with the SCSI board and digital outs. But for $200 I couldn't pass it up!

Back