SP303 Vs. SP808

Aryom

I Know there are obviously differences in size and capabilities, but which would be better to get the 808 I could get it for a little cheaper.

BUt the 303 seems smaller and much more portable which is really appealling because I could take it anywhere which would be cool.

I was just trying to see what y'all thought which one would be the better grab?

I've used a 404 which is very similar to the 303 & I like it very much, very quick & easy to do stuff. Never used an 808 but seems that feature-wise it kills it.

Ive never used an 808 but I have owned a 303. To me, the real beauty of the 303/404/555 is the simplicity. everything is accomplished by a few button pushes. No menu diving ! It feels more like your working with an instrument than a simplified computer (which is what all samplers are). That being said tho.. the SP-808 has alot more features and bells and whistles and things like that.

i have an 808 but never used a 303... anyway it depends on how you intend on using it...

Can't say I've ever heard anything good about the 808. In fact as far as I can remember (when I was looking at buying one) all I heard was that it was actually quite bad. I don't think the sampler was well thought out.

I've heard a lot of good about the 303's, and seen a lot of the west coast guys using it. Check Ras G / FlyLo / Gaslamp killer to see them rocking it.

If you want more features than the SP303 has to offer, look into the SP-808. The SP808 is great, but it does seem to have a little bit steeper learning curve.. work flow isn't too great compared to for example it's newer nephew the 606.

Back