SP-303 issues!

M

ModularJack

Hey everybody, just wondering if anyone else has had a chance to mess around with the new BOSS SP-303. I got mine not even a month ago, and everything worked wonderfully until I got around to sampling some phat drums sounds, and trying to switch it to receive on MIDI channel 10 so I could sequence it from my JX-305.

Bad idea.

It wouldn't respond to any note messages. I tried sending from channels 1 to 10. Nothing. Then I reset the MIDI receive channel to 1 on the SP, thinking that whatever I guess it won't work on that channel, but to my shock and dismay (ahh!) now the damn thing won't respond to MIDI at all! I've tried switching it to every fricken channel, and it will not respond to MIDI data!!!

Has anyone else had this problem? If you're considering buying this sampler hold off for a bit; I left a message for the Roland techs about it, and I'm hoping it's just some buggy code in the first release OS or something, but I'd still advise waiting a bit longer and see if this kink will be worked out.
-mj-
ps: I also initialised the memory on the sucker several times, which didn't seem to put it back to factory state either. 8(

problems (sort of) resolved

So Roland finally called me back and showed me how to reset the MIDI settings to factory defaults. It looks like this beast will only receive on channel one until some kind of OS update comes out, which probably won't be happening for a while. It's still a sweet little box though, so don't be afraid of buying it.

Back