so... ya think the Beat Thang is still a toy?

The Beat Thang is gonna be dope! I am telling you all man, these dude's are putting their heart and soul's into this project and they know its gotta be good, that's why they are listening to the people and making the changes to make it just right! I just hope that you all give it a chance, you got to remember these dudes did this on their own, they don't have Akai/Numark, Roland, or Yamaha building this for them. They are making it and that is why I know its gonna be right when its done. The people running this project are Producers and know what its like.

Everyone who knocked the name, or the terms they used (Thang, Blang, etc...) are gonna eat their words when this joint comes out! I dive give a funk what they call it (by the way, they are just trying to make it fun), if its dope, its dope and I have no doubt its gonna be epic!

ONE

real talk, i hope this thing works out for theses dudes. i can tell they really care about their product and what the producers want

Im not saying its a toy im just saying i dont care about it. Id rather get a mpc or even Machine

I don't think anyone with an ounce of sense in their brains have actually thought of this as a bad product - it's just the marketing and design that puts people off. Even though it shouldn't matter, I couldn't see myself getting this (if I were in a market for a MPC-like machine) simply because it looks hideous. It's very cool to see that independent developers get their sh*t on the market like this and do it like the want it to be. Just not my...thang.

i feel u on the design not bein to ur liking... one of the things i hate about the MPC is that the 16 pads arent set up in keyboard style... one of the reasons i tried to get the ASRX Pro is bcuz the pads ARE set up that way... unfortunately for me at that time, i couldnt afford it... but this is now THE ASRX on HGH for me... all i need is some time to play with it at the store when it ships and to read the FINAL specs and features... im pretty much sold on it, but my final decision will be made at the store... this vid just tells u how much theyre tryin to get it as perfect in their eyes as possible... at this point, seein the time and dedication bein put in, the name has become very irrelevant... and yes, peeps ARE callin it a toy and that it wont amount to anything... these guys are reading the posts and improvin the machine bcuz of the haters... lol ... thx guys, keep up the good work.

da relic

Last edited:
the asr x pro's pads sucked. not the layout but the actual pads. I hope that the buttons and pads on this thang are better than that. and i hope the build quality is really there. as for the terms they use. nice for a second but not timeless. 10 years from now are you gonna wanna say blang? I will say I'm happy they ditched the screaming and what not on the vids. talking like adults helps. I gotta say I'm a longtime mpc head, now using native instruments maschine, but yeah I'll keep my eye on this. who knows it may actually come through. I hope it does.
(and doesn't zinc have a tendency to chip? i may be wrong)

Last edited:
If they had presented themselves like this initially they wouldn't have pissed away their credibility. The stigma they've attach to this unit can't washed be away. It still looks like it's made for a 14 yr/old.

Vapor or not, nobody cares anymore. It's sad but it's a fact. Then there'e all the rooks that placed pre-orders and it's just a prototype. Which means that they were peddling bullsh!t to raise cash.

This is damage control-pure and simple.

Last edited by a moderator:
anyone who preordered was given their money back when they decided to push back production to make more changes/improvements to the unit.

my main reason for checking for this, and what got me excited last year when I first saw it, is that's it's a fully portable unit that can do pretty much everything my 4k can.

running on a battery that is rechargeable is sick to me. I use to rock the yamaha qy100 with the AA batteries, and always wished for something bigger that I could load my own sounds into and not have to buy tons of alkalines for.

at the end of the day, if it does what a person wants and need in a unit, they will buy it.

if nobody cared anymore, no one would still be talking about it, no one would care about the video, and no one would be commenting on it.

people still care, people are still checking for it, and hopefully when it drops it will be what they claim it will be.

Eh, if anything it made me realize I can build my own machine...

And I'm now going to. Thank you.

talking like adults helps.

well, those four words made it for me.

I also see as something positive tha that independent labels get their kicks on the market.

The problem is that the marketing gave to this product is ****. Is not that we are being subjective about the product's quality and features.

At the end, what really matters is the performance of the instrument and what the machine can do. right?

but for a new product where the culture and the speech of the people involved on it, is so linked, so exposed on the products' name, marketing, website, etc.... I bet you, a lot of people won't have the willing or the curiousity to spend $1k on it.

That's how the world and market works, sadly...

well, those four words made it for me.

I also see as something positive tha that independent labels get their kicks on the market.

The problem is that the marketing gave to this product is ****. Is not that we are being subjective about the product's quality and features.

At the end, what really matters is the performance of the instrument and what the machine can do. right?

but for a new product where the culture and the speech of the people involved on it, is so linked, so exposed on the products' name, marketing, website, etc.... I bet you, a lot of people won't have the willing or the curiousity to spend $1k on it.

That's how the world and market works, sadly...

Oh they are charging a grand for it? For some reason $599 MSRP is in my head. SD slots is a good thing, but why two?

The video was good until the started talking about the vaporware, no reason to clown other machines (even if not by name). It's vaporware until it's shipping to retailors.

The vast majority of Musicians have never heard of this product, so you can throw that bad marketing theory out the window.

Looks wise, I actually thing it's a good looking machine and looks better than any other piece of equipment (except for that orange Special Edition MPC 200xl with the pink polka dot pads).

If I was in the market for a dedicated hardware drum machine I would definitely scoop this over the Mv, or the prehistoric MPC. Now I just can't wait till it comes out in 2014 so we can all put our hands on it.

I highly doubt it will be 2014 lol, we'll see it this year...no one is going to wait till 2014 lol, that would be 5 years after it was first announced lol

Back