Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: so... ya think the Beat Thang is still a toy?

Thanks
    Sign in to disable this ad
    think a lot of detractors will be eating humble pie on the low when it drops, peeps just stick to what they know but bare in mind all them big companies was start ups at one point

these guys innovated with a feature set that peeps wanted and listened to directions so **** will be a success.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by saintjoe View Post
    I highly doubt it will be 2014 lol, we'll see it this year...no one is going to wait till 2014 lol, that would be 5 years after it was first announced lol
    LMAO!!!

Thanks
    It looks pretty cool. But honestly, I did not like the software at all. It was too buggy and unreliable. I hope this machine is a little more stable.

Thanks
    think thats why they put out the software first so they could get feed back an iron out bugs so when the hardware comes out most the amendments and bugs is ironed out n the **** run smoove.

Thanks
    "Freak", "Bang", and "Blang" as buttons?

These buttons need to be renamed if anyone is going to take this as a professional product -- $1000 MSRP is professional-product territory, and you're going to have very few curious high school "producers" able to afford this product.

Thanks
    well, they did say its still a prototype... those buttons might not make the final cut... but they sound very serious to make a very serious portable drum sampler... at this point, it cant be ignored... im pretty sure if u see a demo at the store u will sit and play with it.

da relic
    RS for life foolz!!! G.A.ME's 1st beat battle Champion!
    www.kickgame.com
    www.myspace.com/slikdarelic
    www.youtube.com/user/slikdarelic

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by slik da relic View Post
    well, they did say its still a prototype... those buttons might not make the final cut... but they sound very serious to make a very serious portable drum sampler... at this point, it cant be ignored... im pretty sure if u see a demo at the store u will sit and play with it.

da relic
    This product is "professional" in the same sense as the Beats by Dre headphones. The intent may or may not be there -- but regardless, even if I play with it, I'm not buying a $1000 toy. Bring the price down to the $50 that it's worth, and I might buy it.

Even then, this thing still has to compete for my attention with the $15 kid pianos that I also play with when I run by one in the store with enough time to mess around on some chords 'n notes. I'd probably buy it instead so I can sample its unique tones and throw into Camel Audio Alchemy or Absynth.

Last sentence: $1000 is a very expensive toy.

Thanks
    a sp 606 be nice alternative

Thanks
    fatso, mopho, mophatt..... a name means nothing if the product is useful

at the end of the day it doesn't really matter if some think it's a "toy" or not, it's just like anything else, some will buy it, some won't.

The features and specs put it right in there with the sampling sequencers on the market now, I've yet to see anyone refer to the features or specs as "toyish" it's always in reference to the labeling or the lights, or something that really has nothing to do with how it can be used as a musical instrument.
    SoundsAndGear.com
    Maschine Tutorial - exclusive tutorial site for NI Maschine

Thanks
    its funny that this "Thang" is the same price as the MPC1000 yet its specs are very comparable, if not BETTER than machines in that price range, yet its considered a toy... Salem Beats, did u even watch the last vid posted? having software programs and every virtual keyboard and drum machine at ur fingertips has alot of u guys turnin ur noses up at hardware... im seein that alot with u guys in here.

da relic
    Last edited by slik da relic; 02-14-2010 at 12:44 PM.
    RS for life foolz!!! G.A.ME's 1st beat battle Champion!
    www.kickgame.com
    www.myspace.com/slikdarelic
    www.youtube.com/user/slikdarelic

Thread Information