Setting The Polyphony on the mpc 2000xl

Cyfe

ok im new guys, both to this site and to an mpc. help will be much appreciated. So i got an mpc 2kl(kinda sucks low key i wanted a 2500) and i record a sample on to it. so when i chop it on there it plays the sample and when i hit another pad it continues to play the other sample. how do i set it so when i hit one pad and then hit another it'll cancel that sample and play the other?

first hit shift and the 6 button to get into program mode then hit the button below params on the screen. use the cursor to highlight the bottom right hand side of the screen where it should say note off. hit the open window button and you should be in the mute assign page. from there just assign which pads you want to silence... hope that helps

thanks but i think that just muted the pads. i meant like how do i set so when i trigger one sample and then trigger another that the previous sample does play over this one

you shouldn't have to make any changes just save your samples to the pads you want them on. you should be able to play them over each other ... muting has to be assigned

Brother, the only thing I can think of is to chop the end of your samples wherever u want it to stop playing.

a quick question, just got the 2kxl .. can you only mute assign 2 pads or can you do more?

i can only do 2 now, do i need to do something?

That's dope...so I don't see the big deal, it's not MUCH different then having the ployphony in the newer mpc's, u just gotta make sure u know which pads/notes u want to cut off.

Yea thats true.. though the mute groups concept introduced in the 5000 is optimal...i think jjos might have it

You would use mute groups like said.
Its a lot better on newer MPCs (mpc1k,mpc25k,mpc5k) you can just go to mode program and put the entire porgram playback to MONO.
This makes a instant mute group basically f the entire program.

Back