second hand emu sp12-turbo

Hi Guys whats up? Im thinking of buying an sp12-turbo this weekend, second hand ofcourse. The thing is...that ive read the manual and **** but never actually gor the chance to f** around with it. Ive only played with an sp1200 one time for 10 minutes.
I can buy it for 500 euro (around 600-650 dollars), and i want to know what the most common problems, broken parts of 2nd hand sp12's are. I get the opportunity the test the thing, and i wanna use that possibility to the fullest extent...anybody that can help me?

The sp12 is hot. Over $500 is to much. Look around they run for $250-$500. If you got they money avg. $1200 spend it on the 1200. Same filters, more memorey, 3.5 disk(not 5.25 commoadare).
I've a sp12 turbo, but I rather have a sp1200

yea.. make sure that u look on the top left hand corner... if it says SP-12, then dont get it...

Im not a retard......the turbo upgrade is only an upgrade. Ive never heard anything of an sp12 that was labeled as turno in the upper left corner

in other words, dont waste ur money homes....save up another 5 or 6 bills and get the real thing.. not no 12 or 12 turbo.. slang some bud or lemonade or get a credit card sum ****... but hey, if u rather have the 12 than the 1200, then cool.. i hope u really like it.. hope the power supply dont burn out on you...

Back in the days there was a mac program called alchemy that will edit a sp-12, sp-12t, sp-1200, emax etc.

I keep a Old mac 7100/80av to edit my emax. but that could work as a floppy

Sp-12 = 2.5 Sec sample time (1 Bank)
W/ Built in drumulator samples
Sp-12T = 5 sec Sample time (2 bank)
w/ built in drumulator samples and ext comodore 1581 or 1581 mk2 floppy drive
Sp-1200 = 10 Sec sample time (4 banks)
3.5" Floppy and some small difrences in the filtering... verry small

I had 2 Sp-12 T's nice but I got board with them, so slow to work with the floppy and I had good deals to get rid of them.

Back