saving songs with the MPC1000 to computer

mrMOE

is there a way i can dragsong on my comp that i have saved already on my MPC, like the way i can just drag and drop samples onto it that i have saved?

You can re sample the song on your mpc then transfer it over to your pc. When in the record screen change analog to main out.

The mpc doesnt have a "save as wav" option so no you can't, you've got to record each track one by one into your computer DAW or sample them directly into the mpc like onix said.

-take the beat and make it as long as you want it to be in song mode
-turn the song into a sequence
-make sure that sequence is selected
-go into the record window
-switch 'analog' to 'main out'
press Record in that window like you were about to record a sample from a record and then Play like u would if you're playing back a beat
-the MPC will record the beat as you have laid it out in song mode
-save that as a sample, name it and put it where u can find it
-pull that from your MPC onto the comptuer
-instant beat!

MANO has a tutorial about this under the tutorial section. Look under the MPC 1000 MixDown. Once you do that save it. If you need help saving, watch his 1st video on the MPC 1000. After doing this, if you connect a USB cable from the MPC 1000 to your computer.
Press MODE
Press LOAD(pad 2)
Press USB (on the screen, should be like F4 or F5)
Once you have done this, I pop-up should come up on the bottom right hand side of your computer, saying that the MPC1000 has been connected. Click to view folders.
Now find and select the audio file you just mix down too and drag it to whatever file you want to save it under on the computer.

I'm having the same trouble doing this. This is my first piece of equipment and when i try to save it to memeory card it shows up on my PC as a .SEQ versus a wave. The Folder shows and the sequences have the correct name but its not in the wave format. I watched the tutorial but one part keeps acting funny for me once i select to save the song(mixdown) it doesnt give me a location. I know this is simple to all the veterans on here but can anyone think of something i may be doing wrong?

you can't mixdown a track in wave ir mp3 format into the mpc 1000, so read the post above and you'll find your answer.

Actually i followed the steps above. After i put together a sequence that i made I followed the steps above which i posted below. The files do copy over to my PC but it copies as a seq. versus changing it to a wave file.

-take the beat and make it as long as you want it to be in song mode
-turn the song into a sequence
-make sure that sequence is selected
-go into the record window
-switch 'analog' to 'main out'
press Record in that window like you were about to record a sample from a record and then Play like u would if you're playing back a beat
-the MPC will record the beat as you have laid it out in song mode
-save that as a sample, name it and put it where u can find it
-pull that from your MPC onto the comptuer
-instant beat!

You missed a step or you didnt saved the file...
Once you're in the record window, mute every track and record them one by one you'll have x number of wave files that you'll have to save in the save menu (save a sample), once you save them as a wave you'll find them in your computer in wave file.

You've got to plug a cable from the STEREO OUT to RECORD IN so all the sounds you'll play will come in the record in, and you canr ecord it in the record menu.

OR

THe regular way to do this is to simply plug the OUT to the IN of your audio interface and record each track one by one into your software.

I did the swith in the Record window to main out because i dont have an external sound card or anything with my laptop. I'm using headphones on the MPC and i jsut connect it USB to the laptop

I GOT IT I GOT IT--I found out what i was doing wrong. Thanks every1. Now i will try to post my first beat. It truly is garbage but at least I put something together.

Last edited by a moderator:
i am having a problem i can only save max of 18 seconds so i dont know how i can save the whole song that i turned into a sequence when its around 16 bars? any help im a noob

i am having a problem i can only save max of 18 seconds so i dont know how i can save the whole song that i turned into a sequence when its around 16 bars? any help im a noob

You need the Ram upgrade. Search on ebay the unofficial ones run about $15.

Back