Running Cubase & ProTools on same CPU

showtime2100

I want to know if can run ProTools and Cubase off the same cpu. I am already running Cubase with the Tascam FW-1082 as my interface. I want to add ProTools to my studio. will that cause a problem adding another interface, if not, how would I do it?

Just out of curiousity, both PT and Cubase are DAW's which basically do the same thing, right?

So, wouldn't it be more pratical to use the one that your most comfortable with?

yes it would be more practical, but contrary to popular belief ProTools LE can't compare to Cubase SX. Unless you have one of the blown out ProTools HD formats starting at around $12,000...Cubase SX is the way to go. However, I run a business, myspace.com/konsensusstudios
and many clients want to record on ProTools. 9 out of ten project studios are running LE not HD. So I need to at least offer it. I will still do my serious mixing in Cubase.

I have the SaME Set up. BUt I hAve PT oN a Mac And Cubase on a PC. I nEVER THOuGhT oF runniNg thEm oN thE saMe CPU. you shoUld be oK If doN't runThe @ the Same tiMe

What's up fam? I have a macbook and run pro tools and cubase with only the mbox pro as an interface and I don't have any problems.

If it's just for importing purposes... get a crappy M-Audio interface and run M-Powered. Then immediately export to WAVs or AIFFs and continue work in Cubase.

Many studios and producers have ProTools and Cubase on the same computer. Reason being is that Cubase is easier as a sequencer and handles midi well, while anyone who knows anything about music production know midi is not protools strong suit. however to have protools on any computer, you need a compatible interface. I would probably save money and go with an m-audio interface even though an Mbox is a nice interface for Cubase also.

Back