Roland Mv 8800 or Roland Fantom x6

Synthetik Vibe said:
Nah man go with the X6 as you can sample on it,
and you want have to w8 to load your sounds,

Keys are easy once you have a play mayn.
I had the MV but on the real its slow when it comes to loading sounds from it and there is 2much down time and when your in the creative mode down time ant a good thing!!!

But hey thats just me,
And every one is different

Downtime....I have the MV and I don't have any such problem. Like any other HD device loading more data takes more time.

moyphee said:
Downtime....I have the MV and I don't have any such problem. Like any other HD device loading more data takes more time.

EXACTLY!!!

Ignore them who say this, whenever I hear someone saying it I know that they are repeating something that they heard about the MV8000 and have never even touched an MV8800.

This is why I hate the internet. Gear suggestions on message boards need tio be qualified by people who have owned the gear for at least a year and have at least made twenty beats with it.

Too many chuckleheads want to sound smart by repeating myths they have seen others post, who are also repeating it.

this is how good gear gets a bad rap unfairly, by a bunch of dudes repeating crap, when it isn't factual.

Sparrow said:
People say Fantom because thats what everyone else is doing. so yeah, if you wanna sound like everyone else get the fantom man.

If not, then get an Alesis Fusion and an MV 8800

that way you can make your own sounds in a way that nothing can match.
That's your opinion. I have had a Fantom X7 and an MPC 4000 for more than two years. Don't take it personal.

IF you get and mbox2 pro tools the mac can be your sreen like the mv88 probally not the same, but i recomend getting pro tools if you ever plan on mastering your own tracks and charging people for studio time

I use an MPC 3000 & 4000, understand that anytime you are loading sounds from any hard drive device into ram memory it is going to take some time. The 3000 loads faster than the 4000, but it has a lot less ram and memory. Don't let something like long loading times be a factor. I prefer the Fantom over the MV for other reasons! Plus, I'm an MPC nut. The Fantom G is really off the chain. I know a new MV is coming because of the release of the Fantom G!

Last edited:
Have MC-909, Fantom or MV?

This is my first post, but anyway...

I have an MC-909 that I have been using for a long time but don't know if I should now get an MV8800 or Fantom X6. I got an MPC2500 and didn't like it, tried the MV and liked it a lot. I know the Fantom OK too but I just don't know if I'll be able to sample like on the MV.
????

This is my first post, but anyway...

I have an MC-909 that I have been using for a long time but don't know if I should now get an MV8800 or Fantom X6. I got an MPC2500 and didn't like it, tried the MV and liked it a lot. I know the Fantom OK too but I just don't know if I'll be able to sample like on the MV.
????
I have owned and produced beats with both the mv 8800 and the fantom x.they are both great machines.they both get the job done.i prefer sampling on a asr 10 but the fantom and mv are 90% the same as far as the sampling features and implementation.maybe the mv is a little easier to do an entirely sample based production on but trust me they are basically the same sampler. My favorite sampler is an asr 10 but both the fantom and mv can hang.ive done sample based beats with them all.the fantom is the most versatile between the mv and itself.but yet and still they are both extremely versatile.extremely. It really is hard to choose 1 but my choice would be the fantom.why: there aren't any features that you wouldn't have tha the mv has except:bidirectional looping.thats it literally.trust me.but the fantom x has a few features the mv doesn't as far as sampling.one is called amp.a absolute godsend on drums .such a great feature.was so mad they left it out the mv! Retarded. Stupid.made me mad. This one feature alone can make sampled drums in the fantom bang and knock dumb hard.hard like a mpc ,a sp 1200,a asr.it really is a great feature. If you only want to sample go with the mv.if you incorporate sound module sounds and soft synth sounds as well - go with the fantom. They do make a nice pair but in all honesty if you have both the mv sampler becomes redundant. The mv is a better sequencer tho but not by much.remember they are both Roland's.they share alot of similarities in the os.alot.learning one really helps with the other in certain aspects. However overall the fantom is a much more complex machine. Because of the synth engine .yet and still the mv is complex as well .they really are neck and neck. If I was on a desert island with 100 records and a turntable i could do more with a fantom because of the built in sounds.but sample wise neck and neck.mastering both takes time like any pro machine with lots of features . You can't go wrong with either.mv a little easier to just jump on but reading the manuals will clear it all up if you need more help.

Mv is more similar to a mc 909 .id go with that if you already lovin the 909.the mv is the flagship beat making machine made by roland.the fantom s,x and g are the flagship keyboard workstations.cut and dry bottom line. Do you prefer keys or pads? If padsv,if keys fantom but keep in mind those very usable fantom pads.they ain't bad. But if you want that big boy drum machine feel go with the mv 8800 or 8000.i love the mv and the fantom. I'm a huge fan of roland.they got it right with those machines .major props

And by the way the fantom can chop,autochop, and work with samples just as good as the mv.and you have a choice in the fantom :put the samples on the keys or the pads or both.flexible.very flexible. Effects are neck and neck .each with a few extra effects the other doesn't have. Can't lose with either ive owned the mv 8800 and fantom x and fantom g. Currently I'm on a fantom x .gets the job done with hassles a highly capable machine that I admire and respect .

Hey my manski-- You know that post you responded to was eight (8) years old, right?

Yes bro-just a resource for anyone who might wonder about those two machines and which is the better sampler.they are two of the best out there hardware wise. Ever heard of jake one?timbaland?zaytoven?dj toomp? Hardware is still relevant.just tryin to help the same way others helped me.got me to choose a asr 10.change things for me in a good way.now I'm handy on software and lots of hardware

Sure bruh. You're talking to the original hardware boy here. I'd just like to encourage you to consider putting the same amount of energy into responding to more recent threads, is all. Sometimes people see a thread and jump on it, but they're unaware that it is not a current issue, and that the OP is likely long gone from the scene...

Back