Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roland Mv 8800 or Roland Fantom x6

Thanks

Roland Mv 8800 or Roland Fantom x6

Sign in to disable this ad
    What's up everyone. (it's my first post, and i want to say that is is the best music forum that i found on the web. Props!)

My question is: I want to buy a Roland Mv 8800 but i saw that u can sample too on the Roland X6.
    I'm a hip hop Sample producer but i like to make Commercial music too sometimes or R&B. But i'm not pretty good with the keys...i'm still learning and want to learn more.

What you al will recomended me to buy?
    Which is better en easy way to work with. (I like the VGA..of the MV)

Let me know guys.

Thanks
    Search the forums there is a million answers to your question

Thanks
    YEs i search the forum... but i wanted someone to say no this is better ...

Thanks
    go with the mv. especially if you dont know how ot plays keys that well. Either way, ver good investment. but I'd go with the mv.

Thanks
    Nah man go with the X6 as you can sample on it,
    and you want have to w8 to load your sounds,

Keys are easy once you have a play mayn.
    I had the MV but on the real its slow when it comes to loading sounds from it and there is 2much down time and when your in the creative mode down time ant a good thing!!!

But hey thats just me,
    And every one is different
    Quote Originally Posted by Lokness42
    best place to keep a manual is in the bathroom

Thanks

x6

Quote Originally Posted by Synthetik Vibe
    Nah man go with the X6 as you can sample on it,
    and you want have to w8 to load your sounds,

Keys are easy once you have a play mayn.
    I had the MV but on the real its slow when it comes to loading sounds from it and there is 2much down time and when your in the creative mode down time ant a good thing!!!

But hey thats just me,
    And every one is different
    on the real deal,you need both.mv for drums and sampling and the fantome x6 for nicer keys,just midi up the mv as the master and the fantom as the slave.i work with both,but its the mv 8000 and the korg triton,buy one now and save and get the other one later.
    RILEYBOY

Thanks
    ok , i didn't know that MV was slow to load your sounds. But i saw the Drum Pads on the Roland Fantom... how they working? Is it fine to work with those little pads? (mpc style?)

Thanks
    i didnt write that it was slow,its not slow at all to load your sounds ,if your wave memory space is almost full then it will load slow,but other than that it is a great machein,i dont have any problem with mine,alote of people just dont read the manual,i orderd two vedios ,one from amozon,and another one from samplekings,but far as the fantom drums most of the time you have to layer them to get that full hard sound,but i no some people that can make the fantom drums sound real good,but i always preferd to have both,but if you are just going to get one ,go with the fantom,but on the other hand the mv can burn write to a cd..so either one is a good choice,but try to invest in both,i no how money is,i got almost every thing i need i just took my time and put stuff in the layaway,but it took me a wile,it was worth the waite,but i think its better to get the fantom first,because some people can do every thing with the fantom,because the midi controllers hooked to the mv dont sound as good as the real fantom keys. good luck peace.

oh!yes you can play the pads mpc style on the fantom ,and roland sales some kind of expand kit for the fantom drums.SO,go with the fantom ,but make sure you learn every thing,and i mean every thing about it ,that way you will not cheat your self. Alote of people just learn how to record and loop,then they are satisfied,but its way way more thing you can do with the fantom.you can creat a introe,hook and bridge,you can make a complete song,so make sure you read the manual,and order a video from sample kings,and you will be just fine.
    Last edited by ivyriley; 09-10-2007 at 05:47 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
    RILEYBOY

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by leodigital
    YEs i search the forum... but i wanted someone to say no this is better ...
    No, this is better.

Thanks
    Thanks for the advise ivyriley.
    I think i will go to buy the fantom first! Because i wanted to learn how to play keys too. Then i can chek the MV or a MPC. But the thing that i like of the MV is that u can hook up a SCREEN. That is nicer...and with a mouse too. But i understand that when i get the MV i will have a Synth on the side to play more sounds or for more sound.

The Fantom has more sounds right?

Thread Information