REASON SYNTHS!! I'm THROWING IN THE TOWEL

Advisery

Hey fam, I've been on this reason **** for literally months..years and the only success i get is when i sample some other joint and i'm all for composin right now..I'm workin hard as hell i stepped my synthesizin skills up n errthing but i aint gettin no good results.. i know the in's and out's of subtractor, malstrom,nn19, nnxt all the knobs and switches i know exactly what they do, but I mess with sounds i layer i do all the shiz but i aint get nothin good, the sounds just aint "enough" yamean? and i aint no lazy mutha neitha..damn i wanna go hardware but i aint got the loot can anyone help me out here? What i'm doin wrong? I've got the sonic reality refills, the philharmonik, but the sounds never come out full enough..
PLEASE HELP FP!!

Good First Question...

What Type Of Monitors Are You Using? If You Have Cheap Monitors The Sound Coming Out Of Those Monitors Is Gonna Be Cheap Too. I Have Used Reason For Several Tracks Before Upgrading To The Fantom X7 And Motif Rack All Sequenced In The Mpc 2500. I Still Have Those Tracks And I Got A Pretty Good Sound. I Still Have Those Tracks If You Would Like To Hear Where I Went With It. And By The Way...what Type Of Music Are You Producing?

jmlucasterry said:
What Type Of Monitors Are You Using? If You Have Cheap Monitors The Sound Coming Out Of Those Monitors Is Gonna Be Cheap Too. I Have Used Reason For Several Tracks Before Upgrading To The Fantom X7 And Motif Rack All Sequenced In The Mpc 2500. I Still Have Those Tracks And I Got A Pretty Good Sound. I Still Have Those Tracks If You Would Like To Hear Where I Went With It. And By The Way...what Type Of Music Are You Producing?
I'm out of state right now with the fam, but I'm makin all my beats with Sony MDRv700 dj headphones, at home i have a pair of Alesis MK2 Monitors..is that it though? Yeah I'd like to hear some tracks you did up on reason.

Yeah i have actually, it's not bad but the sounds just aren't good to where it's not even possible to make a beat with namean?

Last edited:
Reason Tracks

Keep in mind that none of these are mixed and that I produce R&B, but these are a few old tracks that I produced on Reason 3.0 with no other sounds, some cd headphones, and no monitors back when I did them. So it can be done. I don't know what type of music you are producing and I don't know what sound you are looking for, but let me know if these are up to your expectations. lol. Get back at me.

Reason sounds fine man Im not sure what sound you are looking for, here goes a track done completely in reason

yeah those are good. I'm a hip-hop producer, doin timbo, storch kinda stuff

Last edited:
Here's a couple of Reason tracks I did a while back... 100% composed in Reason. Except for the drum sounds, these were done with mostly stock Reason sounds.

Advisery, why don't you post some of your music so guys can listen to it and tell you what you're doing wrong?

Dot_Robinson said:
What do you mean by...sounding good...exactly?
well im a long time hardware user...and i think thats the problem..I've got really high standards and my sounds are already usualy fat and warm, i just need to learn to tweak the ish more and i'll be good

Back