• One-hit WAV samples

Votes: 155 89.1%
  • VSTi drumkits

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • I only use drum loops, dog!

Votes: 6 3.4%

• Total voters

illapino

Do you prefer collecting one-hit WAV samples of kicks, etcetera, or do you prefer VST drumkits which means each key or pad of your midi controller is a different drum element, kick, snare, etcetera (which means you can't swap out kicks etc between drumkits in some cases) ...

Last edited:
looks like alot of people like one-hit wav samples for drums which can be dropped into about anything: from a DAW sequencer to an MPC. Good choice. I find that VSTi drumkits are more work when you want to swap kicks for different kicks, snares out for another snare, etc, some VSTi's don't even let you manipulate their drumkits.

5 people so far have voted for one-hit drum samples.
0 people have voted for VSTi drumkits

Is enough to say that I don't have to hear the word "battery" being used on this forum to recommend someone new drums? ...

One hit all day family. I've never used a vst for drums and never will. I like acoustic drum samples layered with electronic drum samples. I'd never mess with vst drums.

Depends on the project. There's vsti drumkits that are so accurate they sound like a real set. Greaty for certain genres of music, but for hip hop, I go with wavs and loops I accumulate on my own.

one hits, but one day when I get an MPD or whatever pad setup, I'll get into making kits with FPC or whatever plugin can be used with the pad setup.

I prefer single hit wav samples, but since I picked up Logic 8 their prebuilt drum kits sound pretty good to me.

Enough so that I haven't built a kit yet in Logic, just been playing around with the presets.

Last edited:
okay. well looks like one-hit wav samples wins. Even I voted for them. Now tell me this: where do you guys buy your Drum Samples?

oneshots wav, not that it matters..

Last edited by a moderator:
i use one hit drums on my music. i also have an electric drumset that ill use along with drums on the computer , depending on what song im working on

the only full VSTi sets I know of is BHD or whatever its called, I didnt find it that great thugh there was some good stuff on it.

In terms of workflow Id rather have wav. sounds I supose

but like Obi, I hope to play my own drum set

I actually like the factory roland and triton drums when i am in front of my keyboards. But when i am just on my laptop I use one shots. I would like to sample m one shots into the keyboards one day

i dont particularily care where they come from vst's, dvd's, mp3's, cd's, or from a piece of software i just sample them joints into my sampler trim em up, filter them joints and then play them shiits into the sequencer and then dump them joints into acid after i got my pattern

Back