no one told me sample disks were so expensive!

D

dj funkifize

I was looking at orchestral sample libraries just now... the Miroslav Vitous in particular because it was recommended on another site.

So I was looking at it and I happened to see the price tag on this CD and I almost had a heart attack!

$800!!!

then I almost had another heart attack when I saw that that was only for the Solo Strings I disk. The price of the whole set is $3400!!!

that's like 6 times the price of my sampler alone!
geez...

next I looked at Peter Seiczkjhscalek's orchestra,

this time I only had a mild coronary when I saw the price. $1000!!

so, in conclusion... that's a lot of $$$

its the fact that they're sampling real orchestras - a very long process - and expensive because you have to pay the players!!!

Haha

Ive never seen sample cd's as expensive as that....you could probably buy your own orchestra for that much!!!..haha peace

yeah... those 2 are supposed to be the best sample disks available. Mad time was put into sampling and engineering these collections. The miroslav one is what's used in all the big movie scores. Too bad I spent all my money on my sampler :cry:

$3400 for a sample cd.... thats ****ing ridiculous. who the **** would buy one of these. I hope whoever made this gives himself a bullet cus... no no no wait I hope any ****er who considers buying it gets skinned and dipped in turpentine. oh my god. morons.
my head is spinning from the stupidness of this all.
what the **** is the point?

whoa subliminal :)

I would pay $3400 for the miroslav vitous sample set if I had that kind of money. It is a full orchestra in 6 CDs. Sampled solo, in ensembles, different dynamics, different styles- staccato, legato, short legato, long legato, tremolo. It's literally THE best orchestral sample set in existance. The only thing better is a real orchestra... and believe me, at $50 per person, per day (and that's cheap)... the CDs are WAY cheaper.

Back