newbie in samplers !

S

smoke505

I wan't to buy a sampler but don't know wich one!
I want to use samples like vocals and phrases but also
make my own drumkits with short drumhits.
I use cubase as sequencer.
What's important to me is:

- record knob movement like fx en filters as midi
- easy to use
- fast to use (realtime knobs)
- not 2 expencive (a sp505 or sp808 seems
like a nice price)

I notice that:
Can't use realtime fx to record as midi to cubase with a sp808 groovesampler? Please correct me if I'm wrong!

What about the akai mpc serie!?

:confused:

Consider the Yamaha A4000;

* Roland SP808: ± $1000-$1500
* Yamaha A4000: ± $1200-$1500
* Akai MPC2000 serie: ± $1600-$2200

I know the SP808 is a little less expensive, and maybe instantly easy-to-use, but I think the A4000 has lots of extra possibilities (and definitely no realtime modifying/recording problems).

I'll second that, Yamaha samplers are by far the best value for your money! I use an A3000 and I love it!
alex

A3000=affordable,and almost limitless sound manipulation.

Thanx 4 the info,

but howmuch is the a3000's sample-polophony?
Can I use the a3000 like a desktop sampler like the boss sp 505? Can I use only one sample or more samples at the same time? (samplebanks??!!)

Please some information

Smoke505

sure, let me answer these questions

A3000 specs:
http://www.planet-groove.com/yamaha/a3000.html

64 voices polyphony. Shipped with 2MB of RAM, expandable to 128MB (recommended!). Pretty nice.. You should find it second hand for rrreally cheap.

Yes the A3000 is a studio sampler (rack module) so you can sequence it multitimbrally (16 parts / tracks I think) from Cubase and such.

If you want to spend more than $1000, you should look intot hei NEW AKAI Z4 sampler... it looks rrreally nice (96Khz sampling, 512MB max, TOTAL integration with yoru computer... superb specs). I think www.music123.com or one of those sells it for $1200 or so. To me it looks like a winner. Not sure if its out yet though. I know that if I ever get tired of using the sampler of my Pulsar II soundcard, I will get an AKAI Z4.

Hope this helps!

:hello:

Back