Thread: the new set? what do you think

Thanks

Question

Sign in to disable this ad

Hello!
    I was working with mc505,jv1080,nordlead2, juno106.
    I Think I need a sampler, but, what sampler? maybe the
    MPC2000 and mc505 for sale.
    One friend think is better the new EZ-BUS (event, digital mixer-interface-controler) and a laptop, and keyboard (nordlead) only, for studio and live

WHAT DO YOU THINK? PLEASE HELP !
    (I´ve 1,800 dlls)

Thanks
    Look at the MPC 1000 and a micron. You can get both of those for less than $1800

Thanks
    With your JUNO 106 and Nordlead, I dont think you need another synth

The EZ-BUS? well interestingly this model name does not come up often in conversations... The "concept" of a sound card with built-in control surface is great and very popular, but other brands and models have come out and became the new standards for this.

THOUGH I would be very careful with the whole "ohhh just sell allllll your gear! all you need is a controller and a laptop nowaday" .... I think it is FAR fetched to say this.

Where this new kind of setups DOES work fine, I really don't think it is clearly superior.

Especially if you *Already* have a hardware setup that works... COmbining all your tasks to run on 1 computer CPU will lead to some difference in what you are used to (immediacity of use, standalone operation of each component/instrument, stability, zero-latency, minimal updating/maintaining).

That's just my 2 cents, having gone back and forth between these types of setups over the last 10 years or so.
    PLEASE HELP FP BY CLICKING ON

Thread Information