A new Sampling monster: Roland MC 909 Groovebox

ywhat for real..?
yhey is it fair trade..?
asr-10 16mb=stock rs7000+13mb SM card..
it is fair..?

I think it's all about personal preference and how you learn to use and tweak what ever gear you have. I own Roland gear and Yamaha gear and I can easily say that Roland has higher quality sounds. A straight groove-box always has been and always will be a toy. Both the RS7K & MC909 are dope for being able to record you own samples and to incorporate those with the univentive 'phrases' that real musicians can't come up with on their own.

I love my mc-909 and I got over the whole "toy" thing years ago when I bought my Rm1x. You are not defined by what synths you own. You are defined by what you create with them.

Is this thread still going?

fitz, I agree with you mate.

Just out of interest, how did you find the transistion from the Yamaha sequencer to the Roland sequencer (sounds and sampling aside)? I've heard of a lot of restrictions with the Roland seq.

Well as far as sequencing goes I prefer the rm1x to the 909. However I prefer using the pc most of all. The way I usually work is doing most of the sequencing in cubase and then bring the sequence into the 909. I sometimes do the whole thing on the 909 and once you get your head around it it's really not so bad.

Hello Everyone:

I was happy to read all feedback from everyone. Some positive and some negative, towards the roland mc909. I may not own every sample, drum machine, sequencer on the market. I do own a mpc4000 and I just traded in the mpc2000 a few days ago. I finally own a mc909 and I love it. You can say what you want about this machine does this and that machine does that. I was very impress with the mc909. I owned a mc303 and 505. I just traded in those machine with the mpc2000.

A lot of you say, the 909 is just a 505 with new features. Not even, true. The layout is remap on the 909 from the 505. Just like the mpc4000 is a total differnt layout from the older model mpc. This is funny. Everyone who ever own mpc, wants the mpc4000 to be like the old machines. I'm happy it's different and more complex. You can't always improve something from the old layout . Sometimes you have to change the concept to add features and improve performance.

To make a long story, short. The mc909 is really good machine and you need to try one, to like it Don't try at Guitar Center and hate on it. Buy one and take it home for a few days. Put your creation work out on it and see how it holds up. If you don't like it , then takeit back.

Done......

ok ok ok ok

just to kill the b*llsh*t about tha mc909 i don`t know what the hell is wrong with some people on here the 909 does have multi samplein on it i have one i do it all the time and the mc909 is dope see what i come to see about half of thuz dudes on here is tha follow other people i go to guitar center i almost have to punch the sales person in the fu*kin face i swear im chillin playin with stuff o i see the mc909 sitin there lookin all sexy in grey so i go play with it bomm here comes a sale person don`t get that i say why cause its a toy its just for dance o we have a mpc4000 ok now im pissed off cause he still did not tell me why its not good so i piss him off when i say yo i want that mc909 thingy lol now he tell me you will bring it back i bet ya nope i luv this thing really this all i need with my fantom s in a computer and im set for life the best part is the beat mastering thing that sh*t can teach you how to mix down beats and master them when im makein beats on i tell the 909 mix it boom make a few lil changes thats it no sittin there tryna get my snare punchy anuff or my high hats low anuff yo but the mpc4000 is nice would i say nicer then the 909 its up to the people i luv it if you came in the game with a mpc i say keep your mpc if you want to be like other "producers" then get you a mpc4000 or 2000xl and if you wanna do something diff and have the balls to change the game get a mc909 or rs7000 and show the world that you don`t need no stinkin mpc lol

Hey I have the 909 and I was curious to how do you edit your sequences as far as copying your sequences the manual is a little foggy and I'm purchasing the video manual if you have any tips I would most appreciate it.

Holla

:monkey:

Back