MY SAMPLER IS THE BEST!!

B

bluprintz

Basically this is the deal. I need to know some recommendations to the best and most affordable samplers. I'm planning on writing an article and if anyone could help by providing some input it would be appreciated. I'm accumulating info on the top 5 samplers for HipHop music and why. Please indicate product hi-lights and any comments on ease of use, affordability, etc. Basically what would an aspiring producer want to or need to know.

Thanks all! And if you're an aspiring writer yourself contact me at slewis@feedstop.com.

Last edited by a moderator:
emagic exs24

emagic exs24

the best cpu based sampler....
vst ...kicks ***.....

sold my emu.. e6400

DJ Chriss,

the latency is bearly nothing, its so amazing how quick it responds, as quik as my akia s3000 any day dude, i seriously recommend it.

I use cubase 2.8 to control it though its a non vst version, though ive tried it with vst and its just the same, as quick as soundfonts.

Also there are lots of soundcards on the market the are GSIF compatible, compatible with giga enabling you to use giga with cards that have multiple outs.

One thing that really shook me when i got gigasampler 1.64 was its ultra quick response.

It takes a few steps to configure though once running its a sampling dream come true, I can sequence 2 hours of complex live music all from cubase live with gigasampler.

My freind run's it on a 233 and it performs amazingly! :)

I only have a 450amd, and it handles nicely too!

dafluxtah

i hate it too, i use a retro midi only cubase, it runs my hardware like a dream and can handle gigasampler :)

those vst versions of cubase can be a terrible strain on a slower computer, if theres enough hardware to go around its best to use a midi only sequencer. Our peers have been doing it for years, i used to use an atari 1040ste with cubase 3.1 and that handles so much better in an all midi situation.

oioi

fluxtah

Some of the most famous HipHop samplers?

Akai S900 and S950 of course.

Check out the S700 also.

www.sonicstate.com/synth

has user reviews on hundreds of synths, samplers, drum machines, workstations, grooveboxes (aarrrgggh). pictures. spec's and links to useful resources for each synth or sampler.

fluxtah said:
i hate it too, i use a retro midi only cubase, it runs my hardware like a dream and can handle gigasampler :)

those vst versions of cubase can be a terrible strain on a slower computer, if theres enough hardware to go around its best to use a midi only sequencer. Our peers have been doing it for years, i used to use an atari 1040ste with cubase 3.1 and that handles so much better in an all midi situation.
oioi
fluxtah

See that's the great thing about the hardware samplers... they've got a fixed DSP so you won't come short at any time... Voices, Effects, envelopes. All are matched in a hardware compartement and you have a hands-on OS made entirely for this type of performance.
I can't believe I can write this at my alcoholic state of mind.... man... Maybe I AM god???? .... nah.... but it's a nice thought though...

Amazing! I'm still getting my RS7000 though. I'm sick and tired of sequencing on the computer.

Amen to that , until I discovered ProTools ( grownups version ).

Still nothing beats a dedicated board for mixing

Grrrr... reminds me that now I'll need a big bugger mixer with at least 16 channels.

Try a Spirit 328 if you are going digital or a soundcraft gohst if analogue.

They both have really nice sounding EQ. Some of the best at the price.

Can anybody answer a question anymore???

I`m currently in love with my Yamaha SU700.

Reasons
1 $600 brand new
2 filters
3 frequency conversion 11 22 42mhz
4 eq on board
5 sequencer on board
6 effects on board
7 4mb expandable to 68mb
8 behaves like a drum machine as well as a sampler
9 straightforward design perfect for beginners
I can go on and on. This machine was severly slept on,but I will continue to let all who will listen how great this sampler is.

yeah. the SU700 is nice!
I might be able to get a Behringer 24 channel mixer for $1000. 1 year old.

I love my SU700, too. Except that it is only a phrase sampler, and doesn't support transposing. So, I'm gonna use the SU700 for a drum machine and one-shot sweeps, FX, etc, and get a real sampler for everything else. Plus, now that I have a hardware sequencer (RM1X), I don't even use the sequencer in the SU700 anymore. But it still kicks ***.

what up sonic!!

If you like, check out the SU700 support group on Yahoo Clubs. I`m known as drumgod72 on that site.My man Headsnack is also a member.There is alot of info on the site that may help you get more out of your su700.One:cool:

Yea, I read that site. I tried to register, and it took the registration and all, but when I tried to post it said I wasn't registered, and I've been too lazy to re-register.

True

The same thing happened to me as well,but eventually I was able to get registered under a different name.Also, what way would you apply the ability to transpose samples to a track?? How would it be sequenced?? Why do people place value on having samples play along the length of a keyboard??

Back