MPC4000 Tracking into ProTools

SaintAudio87

hello all,

i'm a relatively new MPC user, i ended up getting an MPC4000 and installed the extra 8 outs. I was hoping somebody could break down how to track out from the 8 Outs.. Into ProTools. I thought this would be easy but i must be doing something wrong heres what im doing...

Im going into the mixer page of the MPC4000 and assigning the however many tracks im using (lets say 5) to the number its going out of... then im opening protools and and creating 5 Audio tracks. Now heres were im getting confused.

I would think that i would have to change the Imput of the audio track to the number i have it going into my mixer which is a Projectmix I/O. However i dont see where i should do this. I'm i doing this correct? what is it that i should be changing. Do i need to slave my MPC by MIDI to do this or is that irrelevant? Please help if you can.

Yes, you will need to set the inputs of each audio track to it respective input on the ProjectMix. You can locate the I/O section in the dead center of the track in Mix view. You also make your I/O visible in the Edit window. (Read the manual)

Syncing your MPC and Pro Tools is a good idea if you want every to be on the grid (ideal).

Back