mpc2000xl syncing issue with ableton live 8

no name216

in previous versions syncing the mp as a master was fairly seamless, creating on the mpc then tracking out to ableton...however, i am having issues with this version, 8. ableton is receiving midi signal, but is not triggering in ableton, the bpm never syncs up... also ableton does not recognize mpc as a controller, this is my main issue i would say. any help?

Had this issue with my 2000. Emailed ableton and I was told they're not planning on fixing it in live 8. I did find a kind of work around. You have to have the mpc slaved to ableton but in the midi options section there 3 switches - sync remote and ??? You don't want to have all of those on because if you have some drums programmed that are off time or you use midi swing ableton will move the placement of those midi notes so you have to turn off some off those but you need to mess with it to get it right. Next, you'll need to adjust the midi delay quite a bit otherwise your beats are gonna be off- hitting slightly after the 1 so that when you chop or move stuff in ableton it'll mess things up and you'll get clicks. Sorry for the vagueness of my answer but at work at the moment - hope you can get something out of all that.

Back