MPC User's Guide to the MV-8000

I like the streaming from disk idea for desktop samplers like my Proteus X...but I don't find it neccessary for the MV.
Why not if it is an all-in-one machine? You wouldn't have to wait at all for the MV to load. This makes since IMHO.

As far as the colorization of sound...I would never make that comment about any Roland product that was released in the last 10 years..lol

do not have digital ins...so no point there...and that goes for a lot of people.
And many more do have digital ins. That is what is attractive about digital audio. You can get high quality sounds in a low cost set-up. Think back to the days of 4 tracks..and to know..damn..

I don't want to use a compuer with my all-in-one machines :) So give me SCSI..
you should never rely too heavily on an old library. I like to use different drums and with the unlimited options available...it is easy to never use the same kick twice...

Why not? You are such the businessman. Honestly to everyone out there..stop buying sample drum CDs. You don't need them joints. I can use the same kick over and over and over..and you would never know.

I do not see why every one buys samplers and would rather "import" .wavs instead of micing up the sampler and doing something themselves... Oh well.
That is my point as well. Program your own synths..sample your own drums..and keep them on a zip :)
Or a CD, DVD, or smart media card

Last edited:
Nope..I haven't forgoten about my part II to this thread (doesn't matter if anyone cares or not)....:)

But...I have been waiting and waiting for my MV-8000 to arrive from Roland..well, I got tired of the wait. I found a better deal on a used MV-8000 with the VGA option installed for $1580. I should have it within 3 days. I have already downloaded Version 3 of the OS. And just like I promised, I am going to hit-up Trusty for his hottest pacthes (Trusty, I will be getting at you within a few days).

Then, I will give a complete (fair and impartial ;) ) MPC users guide to the MV 8000.

To be continued (for the FP members who are interested in such a thing).

One.

Back