Mpc 4000 vs mpc 2500 with new jj os

the 2500 with JJ OS drives the sequencer resolution up to 10,000 ppqn compared to the 4000's 24 ppqn. Also the JJ OS adds audio tracks so you can use the 2500 as a multitrack and it adds Windows Vista so you can play Bioshock.

Though you can make the the 4000 more powerful with the upcoming JB (juss blaze) OS.

Last edited:
You will have to wait for the new JJ OS2 to come out first. However, what is written on the JJ site, it will offer keygroup programming and ADSR support..features that set the MPC 4000 ahead of the previous models....

yep, that new OS is looking interesting
should be out by march for the 2500

Well, initially, JJ wrote that you only have to pay for the OS once. Everybody thought that you would receive free upgrades for life. But JJ called his latest work JJ OS 2. So you have to cough up $39 more dollars. The kicker is..you have to install the JJ OS 1 before you install version 2. That means for new JJ OS users, the cost of the new OS is $69. This is exactly what Roland did when they updated the Fantom X with sampling tools (I believe this was what they called it). The reality appears that for hardware to survive, paid OS upgrades is the future as it is with software-based products.

Akai MPC 2500 with JJOS all day everyday baby !

I can't get enough of this , I considered the MPC 4000 because of my Akai sample banks , but I still own a S6000 , the combination of the 2 for me give me 24 outs of pure sampling power , I still wish I had an adat card on the for the 2500 and a dedicated belly dancer that would come with the unit but hey , I can't really complain

having owned them both, the sampling engine, screen and filters on the 4000, make it much better. Its a better build, and other than audio tracks the, jj 25 built to model the 4k

Hard to get excited about Pong on the MPC, im waiting for when he gets it to run Gears of war 3.
But none the less props to JJ for continuing to upgrade his 3rd party OS,s

Back