MPC 3000 vs 4000

J

Justshine

I'm about to buy an mpc but i'm stuck on which one to get. What are the advantages. I f you could give any feedback i would appreciate it

mpc 4000 is eaisly the best and most powerfull mpc but it could have alot of extra features u dont need. In this sense the 3000 would be better for the price.

Auspicious said:
In this sense the 3000 would be better for the price.
hmm, actually, aren't the mpc3000's really expensive these days?
if you can afford it, get the 4000.

Nooo... 3000's are alot cheaper and the 4000 might have alot of features he wouldent need. So it would make more sense to get the cheaper mpc 3000 if he felt like the 4000 was to much

Thanx for your replies.
One more thing i was wondering was is the 4000 better to use with pc since has the usb. And also its good for turnables cause it has phono inputs.And i dont have an amp or a floppy drive. so let me know what you think.

I was wondering this same thing. I have only used the 3000 at a commercial facility I'm in hawaii and there is NO akai dealers here so I have never played with a 4k. Is there a honest difference in the sound?

Hola Mix said:
jus get an XL or 2000,
umm.. no?

you have to choose what you want from your mpc. If you're going to use it as a full sampler and sequencer, easily edit your sounds on pc and transfer them to mpc, and you want clean audio quality, go with mpc4000.
if you just want to use it as sequencer/drummachine and you don't mind(or, you like) the grittynes in sound, go with 3000. and remember, that means using floppies and scsi, which can be a pain in the ass.

I just got the MPC 1000 to use a my main drum machine and sample engine. Its a very nice piece of kit and has the USB option etc also, but at a much lower cost than the 4000.

grittiness

the 3000 is full of hype man

xl has way more features then the damn 3000

they both have 16 bit samplers

only **** the 3000 has is it comes wit 8 outs and what is it a few more midi i/o's standard and people claim the sequencer has a better swing feel, and some people feel it has that "grimey" hip hop feel, if u want that sound get a 60 or sp1200, emax, s900-950,

i have read where heads (who work on mpc's for a livin) have put the 3000 and 2000/xl next to each other and said the sound is almost identical if not identical

so get caught up in the hype and waiste money on a machine that cant read wav files and dont have visual editing

there a million heads in the game that use an XL or 2000, so dont get caught up in the hype man

and if u want an mpc to transfer good wit ur pc then go the 4000/1000 route, or jus get a burner for ur pc and a scsi cd rom for an xl hahaha

oh and i dunno how new u r to the game
but the 3000 is older then the 2000/xl, dont get confused wit akai's retarded # system

jus incase ur new to the game,

60II
2000xl

Last edited by a moderator:
Hola Mix said:
grittiness

the 3000 is full of hype man
damn, that's gotta be the reason why Dre uses 5 of those, and not a single 2000...

mpc3000 over 2000 because of the easier user-interface(more dedicated buttons).

besides, he was asking about 3000/4000 not 2000/1000. (cos 1000 over 2000 anyday)

Last edited:
thats y pete rock, kayne west, and a million other heads use a 2000xl right ???

ya stfu

ur point is irrelevant

for every cat that uses a 3000, 1 uses an XL

i jus givin this cat another option that is way cheaper then a 3000 or 4000 ,

i've never messed with a 1000, they jus look blah to me

Hola Mix said:
thats y pete rock
Pete Rock --SP1200, prove me wrong?

Hola Mix said:
ya stfu

ur point is irrelevant
No, i'm giving out points while yours are:

Hola Mix said:
i've never messed with a 1000, they jus look blah to me
VERY irrelevant.

just that the specs say 16bit doesn't mean it sounds as clinical as mpc2000, you can replace that with mpc1000 easily. mpc3000 has it's own sound, just like the rackmount 3000.

new album is mpc 2000xl homie , he changed up

purist blah blah blah

3000 is the greatest blah blah blah

whatever ya'll say

tell me 1 thing the 3000 can do that the 2000 or xl cant do

i also post over at ughh.com producer board, read it over there back awhile and they had a picture of him and 9th wonder ****ing with the 2kxl

1005 said:

damn, that's gotta be the reason why Dre uses 5 of those, and not a single 2000...

Dre actually barely uses any of them these days. They are in his studio and may actually put his own hands on them EVERY ONCE IN A WHILE, but that about it. He uses them because he is 39 years old and uses mostly gear that was new 10-15 years ago because that is what he's always used. That Dre uses them at all means nothing to someone who hasn't used anything. There is gear hype about the 3000, Period. They shouldn't sell over $450.00 but they go for $1,500.00+. Why? "Because Dre and Eminem uses them". Hype. End of story.

1005 said:

Pete Rock --SP1200, prove me wrong?

watch the the beat kings,trailer and it shows him usin,a mpc 2000xl.And in the the october 2002 issue of the source,he says,he uses a mpc 2000xl.

Back