MPC 2500 vs MV 8000

Fatale

If i had the money i would buy both. But since i dont i need to make a decision. Until now ive made beats on fruity. But i hate software i need somethin hands on.

So lets look at the facts and differences :

MPC 2500 : Small blackn green display
BUGGED OUT OS

Roland MV-8000 : Nice Display
Stable OS

are there more differences? which one is more complicated etc?

Last edited:
Their are a ton of differences between the machine and as a avid MPC user I must admit feature wise, sequencer wise and sound wise the roland joint basically has no equal......but it all depends on how you make music that will determine which to buy....if your a feature dude go with roland if you want something easy and quick to learn go with the 25K both are great machines.......yo!

I too, as an MPC user, have to say the MV-8000 is superior. My friend has one and likes chopping samples up better and assigning them is easier. Thinking about trading in the MP for one. Plus if your making beats on FL, the VGA monitor makes mixing like fl studio(which i like), but you still get the hands on pattern of an MPC.
Truthfully, an MPC is so simple you can get complex (meaning you get what you put into it)
The MV is so complex it keeps it simple. (meaning you have plenty of sounds, and tools to work with)

yeah I second BenL........the only reason Im not getting one at the present time is because A. My setup doesn't call for a complex drum machine like the MV and B. The learning curve would mess with my workflow right at this moment......with the intergration on software and hardware that I run I really on need a drum machine to sequence if I want to and punch pads.....nowadays you can sample with anything it doesnt necessarily have to be on a drum machine...but yeah BenL is right on

www.sohotproductions.com
www.myspace.com/sohotproductions

Fatale said:
If i had the money i would buy both. But since i dont i need to make a decision. Until now ive made beats on fruity. But i hate software i need somethin hands on.

So lets look at the facts and differences :

MPC 2500 : Small blackn green display
BUGGED OUT OS

Roland MV-8000 : Nice Display
Stable OS

are there more differences? which one is more complicated etc?

Why ask? It seems as if you have already chose the MV by saying nothing but good things about the MV and nothing but bad for the MPC

^hold up man...just starting a forum. Don't attack him

youngjboy said:
Why ask? It seems as if you have already chose the MV by saying nothing but good things about the MV and nothing but bad for the MPC

Heres the thing...

For me, it would be best to upgrade to the MPC 4000 because i know how to use an mpc already since i have a 1000.

But, the MV is superior and learning it would be a difficult task, worth it but i would rather be making beats then learning a new machine

Last edited:
BenL said:
^hold up man...just starting a forum. Don't attack him

Heres the thing...

For me, it would be best to upgrade to the MPC 2500 because i know how to use an mpc already since i have a 1000

But, the MV is superior and learning it would be a difficult task, worth it but i would rather be making beats then learning a new machine

All i am saying is that by the tone of his comparisons, he only highlighted negative aspects of the MPC, or rather things considered bad.

It could also have went this way

MPC 2500:
Nice Pads
Great Swing
Auto Chop Shop

MV 8000-
Bulky and Heavy
Non-Color Screen

Get my drift.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
yeah well i havent chosen the mv yet.

and i might not, because i am also looking for something that has a quick learning curve namean?

k so what have we established so far :

MPC :
nice n small
easy to learn
nice pads
small blackn green display
great swing
automated chop shop
bugged os

Roland :
bulky
awkward feeling pads
complicated
many features (
stable os

what features does the roland have that the mpc doesnt?
and is there a sound difference? or does it completely depend on which sounds i use?

at this point I would watch the Namm show for the roland mv 8800 and down load the manual for the MPC 25K and get your learn on and figure out what you want. their will be alot of opinions on here and as you can see people like both machines but unless you are familiar with either...you'll have to put your nose in the books and read up on both and play around with them and see which one you like yo!

mv got auto chop too. the pads fell just about as good as an MPC, and if you can use a MPC you'll be fine.

omg i came back for the first time in 2yrs and this VS threads are still running...lol
do not underestemate MV.. only MPC that can face MV is 4k...
i had them both (both are solid piece of gears)

mvpad r as good as any mpc, they are differnet not lower quality pads..

good of mv

w/MV you can actually use tons of INstrument patches (not those chopped files that you need to fix them to have good sound)
from akai/roland n MV nation etc
admin of mv nation sells patch cd/dvd of most of synth there are out there, i got the set few years back it was consist of 10CD all MV multisample-patch files(think it was about 2000patches),
loveed the sound and variaty of patch pack i got from him cost me 80usd

MV's sampling engine is more like rewritable XV synth
MV sampling engine give you more option on editing sound
as many optins as any XV synth
mv gives you 128 seq trks n 16 audio traks
mpc offer 64 trks
however mv only can load up to 16 instrumrnt patches...
while MPC can have as many as 24 progmes(patch)
is it more now?
hmm OS.. mv has solid OS but JJ new mpc os r worthy enemy for mv OS

i m so tired so i cant think straight but let me know if u got questions
since i m back on FF....
ok homeboy..?

bad of MV
since i sold mv to get fantom x6 yr ago, i m not sure if the come up withupdate but... MV only has 1efx unit along w/ dedicated chorus n rev unit so total 3 efx unit, when mpc offers 2-4 efx unit
also B4 i let mv go it only had 1filter for sample, when mpc offer more
although MV has solid sequencer,groove, timing,
if u compare to mpc sequencer timin/groove u will feel that MPC groove is one of kind..
maybe the fact that it spread 96 parts in quatter note duration..
(FYI i think mv has resolution of 486 for quatter note or somthing like that)
learning curve is bit stiff compare to MPC

both units hold very good resale values.. BC they are basically BIG blank ram samplers, meaning that you can feed anysound you desire, or when you need new sounds for new generation of listeners
music changes.. so you do change your sounds too..

if you are only able to afford the one of those...
go mv8k since it is cheaper than mpc2500 n offer more features..

but if your creativity requires fast work flow that r easy to learn go MPC...

i still go for mv8000

question
do JJ os for 2500 has keymapped features..?

just curious..

Last edited by a moderator:
I have both mpc2500 & mv8000 in my studio and I think it just comes down to how much time you have on your hands. The learning curve is high on the mv even if you know the mpc if you ask me, the pads feel about the same. The mpc is much faster to learn and start making beats plus the mv800 doesn't have a memory card reader, that adds a lil value to the mpc. I would go with the 2500.

thelonelyest said:
I have both mpc2500 & mv8000 in my studio and I think it just comes down to how much time you have on your hands. The learning curve is high on the mv even if you know the mpc if you ask me, the pads feel about the same. The mpc is much faster to learn and start making beats plus the mv800 doesn't have a memory card reader, that adds a lil value to the mpc. I would go with the 2500.

but it has an internal hard drive just like the MPC .......me personally I care less about the card reader.....with most machines now havine usb connections and hard drives its more simpler to back up things without having media (jaz, zip, cards) involved......I guess Im such and external hard drive head that thats all I use because I trust it more than media......LOL but you are right about all you said.......it basically boils down to work flow

Back