MPC 2000XL Timing

All of a sudden my mpc's just started acting up..... Cant figure out how to make my beats loop right now the time seems to be always off even though I tapped it out right....

I swear to God that "tap Tempo' function never works. How is it that you can tap 4 completely different BPM's and call 1 of them the right one.

Intelx

Before you even use the tap tempo function, set the tap tempo. 4 is the most accurate. Tap 1,2,3,4 and then stop. You'll get a different tempo if you make over 4 taps when this funtion is set to 4. It's very accurate when used correctly.

Yea that's not the part im having problems with my problem is gettin my beat to line up everytime I hit the pads at the right tempo the mpc throws the whole thing out of wack I dont know if a setting got changed or what but it was never messing up the way I played the beat before the night before last....
Mikey said:
Before you even use the tap tempo function, set the tap tempo. 4 is the most accurate. Tap 1,2,3,4 and then stop. You'll get a different tempo if you make over 4 taps when this funtion is set to 4. It's very accurate when used correctly.

And where do u set the tap tempo function on the 2000xl

Last edited:
dustoffyashoulda said:
Yea that's not the part im having problems with my problem is gettin my beat to line up everytime I hit the pads at the right tempo the mpc throws the whole thing out of wack I dont know if a setting got changed or what but it was never messing up the way I played the beat before the night before last....

And where do u set the tap tempo function on the 2000xl

the tap tempo button is the same as your note repeat button on the xl

Also check you time correct ,you might have it on a extreme swing setting.
For loops just put it to 1 16th with no swing.

Back