mpc-2000xl timestretch

S

starchild

do you guys use the timestretch function on the mpc-2000xl on a regular basis or is it not that importanat of an feature? cuz i know the mpc-1000 does not have it hopefully akai will upgrade it. is timestretch used often in hip hop style beats?

yeah it's decent.

I dont' have the right computer so I use the Mpc2000's timestretch if i ever have to. I just do what i got to on that then resample it into my ASR-10

For hip hop beats, It depends on the person. Im sure K.west has used time stretch more then anybody on the face of the earth.lol

yeah its dope. You can drop sounds perfectly on eachover. I use that and I also in trim mode goto edit and loop from st. to end. Then goto LOOP(F2) then turn LOOP:OFF to ON then you goto params and set the beat. By tuning it you can go up/down BPMs. This can make loops sound dope. Time str. is cool but if you go past 10 either up or down the loop starts sounding crazy.

yeah. You can get some better quality if you just test out how you want to do the timestretch first. put the ratio to "music a"

when you find what you want just change it to "c" you get better quality

Back