MPC 2000xl effects rack

are u talkin bout the MFC42? that was Akai's answer to the RS7000, and Roland MC909's built in filter knobs back in 2001... im not sure how good it is... u might wanna do more research... thats one of the reasons why they came out with the MPC 5000.

http://www.mpc2000xl.com/mfc42.htm

da relic

Last edited:
The MFC42 rack is an analog filter, it does not do reverbs etc.

The Akai EB16 does reverbs etc but it is not a rack, it is a plug in expansion board.

What are you asking about?

yeah the plugin board. not the analog filters i dont care about those. yeah the effects board how are the reverbs and pitch shifting?

yeah the plugin board. not the analog filters i dont care about those. yeah the effects board how are the reverbs and pitch shifting?
Haven't got one, but heard everwhere that the effects are not that good. If you track out to a daw, it might be a good idea to use a vst reverb instead.

And you don't need the EB16 for pitch shifting. Look at your program's params settings.. You are also able to change the pitch of a sample from the "sample" area (shift + 4).

Last edited:
And you don't need the EB16 for pitch shifting. Look at your program's params settings.. You are also able to change the pitch of a sample from the "sample" area (shift + 4).

That's not pitch shifting, its tuning. There's a difference between the two.

yeah when u tune u change the sample speed i want to just be able to change the pitch thats my main reason of buyin it

The EB16 was great at the time when compared to some budget hardware effects units and while the integration with the machine makes it very attractive, it is a bit dated sound wise.

If you like to move your MPC around (make beats on your coffee table etc) then the card is an ace, but if you are tied into a studio then the multi output expansion is a better option because it will allow you to use better effects.

The output expansion does not have built in effects, the outputs are used to send audio to external effects.

On top of the output expansion you would need to add the cost of any additional hardware, such as an audio interface for your computer with lots of inputs so you can use VST effects, or some hardware effects units.

Back