MPC 2000/xl vs MV8k...

alih

I've searched thru ten pages and still no results I've done my research and so far this is what i like.

MPC 2000K
Classic/Warm Sound
Cheap
Good Pads
Wav Support

MV8000
Cheap
New
More Features and priced reasonably around 1000k used

Now I dont want the mpc500(screen),mpc 1000(pad probs), mpc 3000(slow workflow same as mpc60),mpc 4000(basically a mv8000 but too expensive). So the mpc2000/xl and the mv 8k are my options. What should I go with. If I get the mpc 2000 im gonna get a scsi cdrom which will also set me back around 150 (tax,shipping,cable). So all in all the total cost for the mpc would be around 800-1000 and the mv 8k would be around 1100. So what do you guys recommend?

MPC 2000XL doesn't have a "warm sound". And although it's cheap used, it still starts around $1299USD. I own a 2000XL and will say if you're experienced on one, it's the best piece of equipment in the world, but if you're looking at charts and graphs the MV8000 outperforms the MPC in every statistical category you can come up with.

That's like comparing a Roland XP 30 to a Motif. The Motif runs laps around the XP 30, until you find someone who knows what he's doing with/wants to use that XP 30.

You say you did your research but when I look at your list it's not much. Where the specs at? And looking through ten pages on FP is one way but not the best way, because FP is one of the places where you get those dubious informations like "warm sound".

I would open up a txt file and write everything FOR YOU important in it WHILE doing your research. Download the manuals of both and make your notes. Then just save it on your desktop so that you see it everytime you turn on your PC.

One rule I found for myself is: When I'm not sure about buying a product, then I just wait until I am.

There were products that I wanted to buy, but I simply waited, and the desire passed.

EDIT: Someone on FP sells his MV8k for 1k cLiCk h3Re

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither... Get FL...lol on the real tho...If you like looking at a big LCD screen until ur eyes bleed and like a drum machine with countless features that the average HIP HOP producer will never use than go for the MV. But if you want a classic, simply a$$ sampler/drummachine with more limitations I can count on my fingers than go with the MPC. Those limitations brings the best out of you. Ask your favorite producer what the MP sound like. Better yet put on Dr.Dre 2001. Yeah...Yeah... I know he has a million dollar studio but it all starts with The Classic MPC series.

RockThaMP said:
Neither... Get FL...lol on the real tho...If you like looking at a big LCD screen until ur eyes bleed and like a drum machine with countless features that the average HIP HOP producer will never use than go for the MV. But if you want a classic, simply a$$ sampler/drummachine with more limitations I can count on my fingers than go with the MPC. Those limitations brings the best out of you. Ask your favorite producer what the MP sound like. Better yet put on Dr.Dre 2001. Yeah...Yeah... I know he has a million dollar studio but it all starts with The Classic MPC series.

cosigning here. straight up. i only use my computer for vsts and sounds now. that mv aint no joke, but damn thing is so packed full of stuff you will porb. never use. that 2kxl is is all i'll need. i just need that card reader and i'm straight. peace

no contest... the MV is from today... faster processing, more memory, sounds, cds, vga input, etc... u cant compare these 2... the 4000 is the better comparison.

da relic

Back