mpc 2000 w/ screen busted & reason 3.0?

riz

Hey all whats up? I got a quick question... i hope the question isnt too stupid...

I use reason to make my beats.. they come out pretty decent but the drums sound really robotic and sooo quantized as i just use the redrum drum machine.. i will put a shuffle on it but it still doesnt have that human feel... so i was looking at getting a mpd or pad kontrol midi controller.. i got a midi interface so it isnt an issue..

i was talking it over with my nigga who used to produce back in the day.. he has two mpc 2000xl's that the screen is gone on both of them... i dont want to use the machine to sequence.. i just wanna hit the pads while recording my drums and my chops in dr rex... do you guys think it would still work for what i need it to?

peace
Riz

Last edited:
youd still need to see the screen on the mpc to set the midi channel you want it to transmit.

riz said:
Hey all whats up? I got a quick question... i hope the question isnt too stupid...

I use reason to make my beats.. they come out pretty decent but the drums sound really robotic and sooo quantized as i just use the redrum drum machine.. i will put a shuffle on it but it still doesnt have that human feel... so i was looking at getting a mpd or pad kontrol midi controller.. i got a midi interface so it isnt an issue..

i was talking it over with my nigga who used to produce back in the day.. he has two mpc 2000xl's that the screen is gone on both of them... i dont want to use the machine to sequence.. i just wanna hit the pads while recording my drums and my chops in dr rex... do you guys think it would still work for what i need it to?

peace
Riz
have you ever tried making the pattern no quantize and quantizing 50-75% after you layed the pattern down? never quantize 100% if your going for the human feel ,try at 75% the most and fix individual notes if needed.

thanks for the response all,

fullspectrum, he has two he is not using. I can have it for free. They are just in his basement. The screen is gone on both of them.

da beat doctor, right now i just use redrum and drop the drums on the grid. I am not using anything as far as a midi controller right now. So i am looking for a midi controller but thought the mpc 2k xl would do the trick as i just want it to work like an an mpd or pad kontrol.

do you guys think that even an mpc without a working screen could function as a mpd or pad kontrol? Scarecrow i am just looking to hit the pads of the 2k while recording my drum patterns in reason. I am not looking to use the mpc to record any midi into it.

Guys, sorry for the silly questions. I have always been a software dude and in all honesty, a little confused when it came to the hardware.

Riz

Last edited:
get the MPC AND GET IT NOW U CAN FIX THAT SCREEN FOR 300$$

Get The Mpc Send It To Me And I Will Buy U A Mpd24 =)

Last edited:
riz said:
thanks for the response all,

fullspectrum, he has two he is not using. I can have it for free. They are just in his basement. The screen is gone on both of them.

da beat doctor, right now i just use redrum and drop the drums on the grid. I am not using anything as far as a midi controller right now. So i am looking for a midi controller but thought the mpc 2k xl would do the trick as i just want it to work like an an mpd or pad kontrol.

do you guys think that even an mpc without a working screen could function as a mpd or pad kontrol? Scarecrow i am just looking to hit the pads of the 2k while recording my drum patterns in reason. I am not looking to use the mpc to record any midi into it.

Guys, sorry for the silly questions. I have always been a software dude and in all honesty, a little confused when it came to the hardware.

Riz
nope, because off the rip, the pads don't correspond to the notes that trigger the slices in dr.rex or the channels in redrum. it can be done, but you need the screen to change stuff in the mpc. if you can get it for free, get it and get it fixed. a 2kXL for $300, sounds like a deal to me. get both, send them to me, i'll fix'em for free if you let me keep one. $600 for a 2kxl is still not a bad deal.
LevLove

thanks for the responses everyone. I am going to get it off of him. I am going to order the screen from mpcstuff. Thanks again.

Back