mpc 2000 disk read error

skeel

Hi im new to this site could any one help Ive just bought an old MPC2000 and when i power on the mpc i have this message disk read error i dont know what i'm supposed to do please help help

i dont have the os flopy the guy that sell me the mpc just give the floppy named (akai professional disk 3 hip hop set mpc2000 SOUND library) it's all.please what i must do to resolve this probleme.help help

u need a system disk i tihnk u can download them and put it on to a floopy disk put that in then put ur hip hop set one in

when i power on my mpc the boot version is 1.0 .the version of the os that i download on the akai site is 1.72. my question is: can i use this os version with my mpc without any probleme?i wait your repy

ok i have solve my problem mpc work very good but the other partof my question is how can i hear the sound of the mpc?what the right config. i should use?i have only an ampli and pioneer turntable.i'm a biginner in this game some advices please how can i connect my mpc and my ampl and finaly hear the sound of my mpc2k

do you have speakers? how do you listen to your records on the turntable. you have to have a source for sound in order to hear anything from the mpc. the mpc does not come with internal sounds, you have to put them into the mpc. you need 1/4 inch rca jacks to plug into the amp, reciever, stereo mixer, or whatever you have your source for music. now, the rca jacks go into the the rear of the mpc where it has stereo out and record in. the stereo out plug goes into your source of where the power of music is coming from. the record in is for sampling, that also goes to your music source. if you have the manual, read it. it will help you. if not down load it from akai. if you need more, i will try to help. i have the 2000 also.

thanks i will try that you say.we stay in touch.if i have any probleme with it again i tell you thanks again for y'all

how can i download the boot up disk for the mpc 2000 and convert it to floppy disk

Last edited by a moderator:
you will need to buy an external floopy drive if there isnt a floopy drive on you pc already then just copy it on to the disk

I have a problem. I put a floppy in my floppy drive and i copy the file of the latest Os for the Mpc 2000 but when i put it in my MPC, on the screen it's write DISK ERROR.

somebody can help me?

Back