Thread: mpc 1k sample speed

Thanks

mpc 1k sample speed

Sign in to disable this ad
    so why does the pitch of my drum sounds keep changing? this seems to happen when things are loaded from one cf card and saved onto another. its easy enough to fix, but it is an annoying and persistent problem. any ideas?

Thanks
    If you are adjusting the tuning of your drum samples in the program editor the assigned pitches are only stored in that program, it's a non-destructive process (ie: it doesn't effect the actual sample). So when you transfer that sample (not the program) to another CF card or to the computer, and you load it into another program or into another MPC project, you'll end up with the original pitch of the sample. Hence the need to readjust the pitch every time.

Another possibility is that your drum samples on your computer may be at a diffrent sample rates. The MPC1k only supports 44.1kHz and 16 bit samples. If you're loading samples with a sampling rate of say 48kHz, the mpc would play that sample back slower (at a lower pitch).

Thanks

mpc 1k sample speed

to be more specific, lots of them end up being pitched way too high. so i'm scrolling thru looking for sounds to load into a program, and i get alot of chipmunk s***. i understand i can change the pitch back, it just slows the selection process down. i want to hear them right and load them up. thanks for the reply.

Thanks
    What is the original source of the samples? Are you recording them onto your computer and then dumping them to a CF card? Elaborate on your exact sampling procedure. Chances are you may be recording at a low sample rate, or if you're using MP3s as your sampling source you may be converting them wrong.

Thanks
    a little bit of everything really. i sample from vcr, records, cable box etc. into the mpc. everything gets backed up onto the computer and then organized into various cf cards from there. i also use a limited amount of stock sounds from purchased cds or downloads. so now i'm thinking this through and the common thread is the computer transfer. it seems likely that the problem is in that conversion. i'll take a look at that end. thanks again

Thanks
    thats happened to my samples too....ill speed em up and then put them on to my mpc and theyll change to another pitch or sumthin
    [COLOR=Red][B][FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=5][URL="http://www.myspace.com/beatmaker91"]www.myspace.com/beatmaker91[/URL][/SIZE][/FONT][/B][/COLOR]

Thread Information