Is the MPC 1000 a good buy?

Dj-FSC

Whats up everybody?

I have the SP-606 and i am tired of depending on the computer. And i see that alot of people on here use AKAI products. So i wanted to know if you guys thought that buying the MPC 1000 would be a good buy? And i know that i can read about them on different websites but i wanted to ask people that actually use them on a daily basis. And could you tell me if it comes with the compact flash card..

Thanks for the help folks..

Thanks for the help. And i'm in the process of reading the reviews now. I think that this is a product that i want to add to my collection.

my best buy ever was my mpc1000, people say, "ohh you cant chop on it, its to hard"

there jsut lazy, the extract feature is so dope

Thanks for the help.. Yall sold me on it.. So i'm gonna go get it.. I know that i'm gonna have some questions when i do.. So look out for my future posts..

Thanks again for all the help.

Dj-FSC said:
Whats up everybody?

I have the SP-606 and i am tired of depending on the computer. And i see that alot of people on here use AKAI products. So i wanted to know if you guys thought that buying the MPC 1000 would be a good buy? And i know that i can read about them on different websites but i wanted to ask people that actually use them on a daily basis. And could you tell me if it comes with the compact flash card..

Thanks for the help folks..

~Whats wrong wit the 606? Im just wonderin? Mpc 1000 is a nice piece tho, u will enjoy it!

I was interested in gettin' a mpc 1000 as well but I read somewhere that it only has a 4 track sequencer. That's cool if your'e going to use it w/a computer based sequencer. The thing is that sometimes you just wanna drop a beat using the built in seq. How much can you do w/4 tracks?

I was interested in gettin' a mpc 1000 as well but I read somewhere that it only has a 4 track sequencer. That's cool if your'e going to use it w/a computer based sequencer. The thing is that sometimes you just wanna drop a beat using the built in seq. How much can you do w/4 tracks?

Don't believe everything you read. Why would someone pay $1000 for 4 tracks of sequencing? Common sense goes a long way.

I read it in the product description on samash.com. So what are you saying common sense goes a long way? There are so many pieces of equipment out there that are worth sh..But cost a bundle. Just the name akai may cost you $1000. So Just chill w/your silly azz comments..

basixxx said:

The MPC 1000 has 64 tracks, not 4.

basixxx said:
I read it in the product description on samash.com. So what are you saying common sense goes a long way? There are so many pieces of equipment out there that are worth sh..But cost a bundle. Just the name akai may cost you $1000. So Just chill w/your silly azz comments..

Extract from samash.com

"the new MPC1000 is a thoroughly modern sampling drum machine and 64-track MIDI sequencer..."

I'm looking to get one of these too but i'm making do with Reason at the moment until i can afford it. I'm in the process of upgrading my DJ set-up instead!

Are there any more tutorial videos about, apart from the ones on this site?

Wasn't trying to be a smart ass man, I just figured that most people would know that the mpc would have more than 4 tracks of sequencing especially since practically everyone in the industry uses it. 4 tracks would not even be enough to get a good drum and percussion pattern going so I just figured everyone would know that info is not true.

mano 1 said:
it is a very fun machine to use

yes it comes with a 32MB compact flash card, although you can find 1024MB ones (1GB) for about $80 these days :)

there is also the review I published on FP:
https://www.futureproducers.com/article.php/id/34

Mano,

You're like, the "Sworn Defender of the MPC 1000!!!"

Just, how many of those things did Akai let you "test"?

hahaha!

Not trying to put you out there...I see you doing your thing!

Bravo(1) said:

Mano,
You're like, the "Sworn Defender of the MPC 1000!!!"
Just, how many of those things did Akai let you "test"?
hahaha!
Not trying to put you out there...I see you doing your thing!

Actually I am not doing my "thing".

If you were on FP for the past 6 years, you would know me better. I have spent countless hours helping the community.

I have not gotten anything from AKAI. I bought my MPC1000 at a local Guitar Center, for about $1000 when it came out.

You will see me "defend" anything I know well, if I see *fake* statements made about it.

It is unfortunate to see that this is the kidn of conclusion you (or other people) draw from me helping folks so much on FP.

Regards.

mano 1 said:

Actually I am not doing my "thing".

If you were on FP for the past 6 years, you would know me better. I have spent countless hours helping the community.

I have not gotten anything from AKAI. I bought my MPC1000 at a local Guitar Center, for about $1000 when it came out.

You will see me "defend" anything I know well, if I see *fake* statements made about it.

It is unfortunate to see that this is the kidn of conclusion you (or other people) draw from me helping folks so much on FP.

Regards.

I simply made the comment because it's not hard to conclude that Akai's Pro has benifited because of the reputaion and knowledge that you share in regards to their products.

Or am I understimating the value of fourms like these that so many consumers of pro audio equiptment look to as deciding factors in gear purchases?

So in that regard, I hope you recognize you are "doing you thing" and the pro audio companies should recogniae that as well..?

Back