MPC 1000...Can I base my whole studio around it?

spitj

I'm about to sell my MPC 2000 for the 1000. I heard the chopping was way better plus I need to be mobile ( the life of a gospel hood celeb...jk). Any strong facts to help my desicion before I get my hustle on?

yes you can! but you would HAVE to buy the $30 JJ OS. the new OS will give you total MIDI control with MMC, MIDI clock, etc. Along with better chopping/editing options, autochromatic tuning for a keyboard thats midi'd up to it, just a whole bunch of better features. the trim/chop functions with jj OS are so much better than the other mpcs. pm me if you have questions.:cheers:

you can, for the price and funtions you cant beat a 1000. I like the MPC pad 187 software. Not the best, but for a free software it sure makes making pgm from my mac easy

ditto on JJ's OS for mpc 1000.
I put an old laptop HD in mine and its great.
You can just save the entire memory at the end of each session.
I record ALL my midi onto MPC, then use mmc clock to start the mpc each time i record a seperate track (or several tracks sometimes). Simple no BS workflow. love it.

ease718 said:
ditto on JJ's OS for mpc 1000.
I put an old laptop HD in mine and its great.
You can just save the entire memory at the end of each session.
I record ALL my midi onto MPC, then use mmc clock to start the mpc each time i record a seperate track (or several tracks sometimes). Simple no BS workflow. love it.

Two questions. Where would I find this jj os and what is a laptop HD?
Oh yeah, I appreciate the help fellas. I'm trying to change the world.

yes go right ahead the mpc 1000 is a good decision...its affordable and has all the most neccessary features that any mpc has...upgrade the jj os tho and youll be all set to start with a studio

there is a link to the jj os at the top of the Future Producers samplers and sequencers/hardware thread list. Its the first thread on the page. the laptop hd is a Hard Drive. there is a list of readily available drives that can be installed in the mpc1K, giving you many gigs of storage with no need for CF cards. good luck with the whole world changing thing!

Last edited:
barton said:
there is a link to the jj os at the top of the Future Producers samplers and sequencers/hardware thread list. Its the first thread on the page. the laptop hd is a Hard Drive. there is a list of readily available drives that can be installed in the mpc1K, giving you many gigs of storage with no need for CF cards. good luck with the whole world changing thing!

i appreciate it. i think its doable. i just wish there was a way for me to show you guys the setup i have already. its kind of fly for a broke dude.

spitj said:
i appreciate it. i think its doable. i just wish there was a way for me to show you guys the setup i have already. its kind of fly for a broke dude.

that would be a good thread! pics of the palace or pigsty where we work. i try to snap a photo when things get really messy in my "studio". i love seeing super crowded home rigs with records and instruments floor to ceiling.

Back