mpc 1000 2000? which is wanted more?

LV4NYG

it seems that the 2000 has more options but the 1000 seems like its wanted more...? any ideas why? maybe its not even true, but my searching one the web has shown me that. thnx

depends,the 2000(classic) is more limited than the xl...but the 1000 has way more features than both machines with the new os who some guy from japan made....the only complain ive heard on the 1000 is the pads are built cheap

thnx, i'm new at this and thought the model's improve as the numbers go up.......so for the mpc whats the one all really like to have? any one version or to each there own?

Ibeen Makeing Beats Four 7 Years Now And I Got Me A Fantom X6 And A Mpc 2000 And Sp606 By Roland And I Cant Seem Get None Of It Too Work Together. I Wold Like To No How To Record Midi From My Fantomx6 On To My Mpc2000

I have MP 1000, trying to get my hands on the 3000, if not I just go with the 2000XL. The 1000, pads are .25" smaller the other two, and they are horrible. I rather have the bigger and softer pads that the other 2 have. But the 1000 is portable, I carry it in a backpack.

westlogic said:
I have MP 1000, trying to get my hands on the 3000, if not I just go with the 2000XL. The 1000, pads are .25" smaller the other two, and they are horrible. I rather have the bigger and softer pads that the other 2 have. But the 1000 is portable, I carry it in a backpack.

the difference is pad size? I was thinking options and performance? what do you like with them in that regard?

Well as for performance the 1000 OS has a bugs in it, which I can do with it. As far as sound, I heard the 3000, sound is crisper and thicker, so that why I want to go with that. As for the 2000XL, I can not comment too much on the sound, I haven't compared, but it was mainly the size and plus I needed one MP to stay home and another for traveling.

westlogic said:
Well as for performance the 1000 OS has a bugs in it, which I can do with it. As far as sound, I heard the 3000, sound is crisper and thicker, so that why I want to go with that. As for the 2000XL, I can not comment too much on the sound, I haven't compared, but it was mainly the size and plus I needed one MP to stay home and another for traveling.

well i wouldn't need to travel with this purchase. I just want what is the best option, maybe taking how much you spend on them into account as well. "bang for the buck" i guess. but really do want good product.

In my own opinion, go with the 2000XL. The reason I have 1000, is because I got a great deal on it back when I first bought, so I ran with it. But on another note just go and try one out at Guitar Center, if one is in your area and see which one fits you.

westlogic said:
In my own opinion, go with the 2000XL. The reason I have 1000, is because I got a great deal on it back when I first bought, so I ran with it. But on another note just go and try one out at Guitar Center, if one is in your area and see which one fits you.

what about the 2000 and the 2000xl....much diff?

Honestly I couldn't tell you the diff., except for extra features on XL and which features, I don't have a clue at this point and time.

thnx what about monitors? know where i can read good info on that? I was gonna just take me cerwin's out my living room and use them but am now thinking thats too much. What are you looking for in monitors?

LV4NYG said:
what about the 2000 and the 2000xl....much diff?
they're pretty much the same except for a couple features....if you're a sample based producer get the xl...you can chop samples in the 2000 classic as well but it's much more time consuming

GasparGomez said:
they're pretty much the same except for a couple features....if you're a sample based producer get the xl...you can chop samples in the 2000 classic as well but it's much more time consuming

time or memory?

thnx for all the help

i have both a mpc 2000xl and a mpc 1000, i just got the 2000xl and finished a skeleton of a beat on it tonight... the major difference i see in it meaning just the features used when i make a beat, would be the different menus that i have to go through in order edit the parameters of the samples

the mpc 1000 has 4 targerts that you can mute whereas the 2000xl only has 2 targets, the 1000 also has mute groups which saves a lot time....

choppin is pretty similar on both machines.... i dont know if the 2000 classic has this feature, but something called "extract" on the 1000, im not too sure what its called on the xl, but you can copy the zone of a sample into another sound which is really helpful when choppin drums..

sequencing, i find that the sounds come out tighter on my 2000xl, i think its because of the choppin, dont know if that makes sense... i read somewhere that its the secret behind the tightness of the 60's and 3000's timing...

sound quality, the 2000xl is much more warm!!! its a much more soft, not volume wise, but just in the general sense. the 1000 colors the sound more on the high end which is cool, but i prefer the sound of the 2000xl...

the one thing that i really miss is the effects and the resampling of the main outs that the 1000 provides, i love reverb and delay.....

my verdict, as far as making a beat on either machine, you can go either way, i mean both machines provide you with more than enough to make a beat..

its more about what features you need, as far as the 4 extra outs the 1000 provides, usb connectivity, the effects, the digital i/o, input thru.... i would say go with the 1000... with the jj os it makes it similar to the 2500...

but all i can say is, i love the 2000xl and i find myself wanting to work more on it, might be because its the newest addition to my studio..

djobserv said:
i have both a mpc 2000xl and a mpc 1000, i just got the 2000xl and finished a skeleton of a beat on it tonight... the major difference i see in it meaning just the features used when i make a beat, would be the different menus that i have to go through in order edit the parameters of the samples

the mpc 1000 has 4 targerts that you can mute whereas the 2000xl only has 2 targets, the 1000 also has mute groups which saves a lot time....

choppin is pretty similar on both machines.... i dont know if the 2000 classic has this feature, but something called "extract" on the 1000, im not too sure what its called on the xl, but you can copy the zone of a sample into another sound which is really helpful when choppin drums..

sequencing, i find that the sounds come out tighter on my 2000xl, i think its because of the choppin, dont know if that makes sense... i read somewhere that its the secret behind the tightness of the 60's and 3000's timing...

sound quality, the 2000xl is much more warm!!! its a much more soft, not volume wise, but just in the general sense. the 1000 colors the sound more on the high end which is cool, but i prefer the sound of the 2000xl...

the one thing that i really miss is the effects and the resampling of the main outs that the 1000 provides, i love reverb and delay.....

my verdict, as far as making a beat on either machine, you can go either way, i mean both machines provide you with more than enough to make a beat..

its more about what features you need, as far as the 4 extra outs the 1000 provides, usb connectivity, the effects, the digital i/o, input thru.... i would say go with the 1000... with the jj os it makes it similar to the 2500...

but all i can say is, i love the 2000xl and i find myself wanting to work more on it, might be because its the newest addition to my studio..

thnx for this reply. makes it hard to decide. think i need to try them all. and currently thats not possible. was hoping you all leaned one way or the other, but i see why people don't do that either. with the 1000 new OS and be able to use it like a 2500, and taking the "bang for the buck" into mind, I think i'm leaning toward the 1000 and upgrading. seem logical to me, how about you? also noone really speaks bad about it either.

what about going this way?
http://www.zzounds.com/a--2676837/item--ROLMV8000

or is it a mpc the only way thing?

Back