MASCHINE!!! "Akai can kiss my ass."

One of my main reasons for sticking with my hardware (although I still use Reason occasionally)!

I use Record and I have made a way to impliment my MPC with it when doing complexed drum patterns, if it's simple I just use the MPK 88. The MPC is going no where in my studio. If one wants to use Maschine it's cool but the pound it up to the MPC I just have to say WOW!

---------- Post added at 11:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:57 AM ----------

Use Normal Font

Nicro hold up, are you the FONT POLICE? DID MANO SEND YOU AFTER ME?

You're a newbie, how is my font size affecting your life? Why are you worried about my font size when no one else is and you should be contributing to the convo instead of worrying about that. NO FLAMES HERE DUDE!
:sing::smokinFP::)

---------- Post added at 11:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

I wouldn't pass over the MPC so fast and jump to Maschine, the MPC is only getting better so I would wait, whether it's Akai or Roger Linn I will stick with the Hardware with it's many qualities.

Look at this new model that's come from Roger Linn, this is why I said I am not trying to go over to Maschine because SOMETHING IS COMING LOL lol I aint no fool. :rofl:

2eeflgi.jpg

Now if Ima upgrade and get ride of my MPC2000xl, I will do it for a better MPC Roger Linn based joint!!!

1. analog 1+2/3+4 IN
2. OUT MAIN 1+2 [FOR MONITORS] Sweet!
3. L/R out B
4. L/R Out C/- 1/2 analog Out
5. L/R Out D/- 3/4 analog Out
6. Standard Midi
7. Adat out 8 tracks out :)
8. SPDIF OUT
9. USB port, so you can transfer wav files with drag and drop :)
10. VGA Monitor so you can add a screen to it to see your arrangement without using a computer and stay here and do all your editing! No hassle of upgrading all the time.
11. 4 usb slots for (mouse, externa hard drives, keyboard etc)
12. An Ethernet port !
13. 8 Faders so you can mix right there.
And all the other yummy stuff that's going to come with it, this is the third version to perfect what he had in his second and first versions. This is far most the best. now I ask, WHAT DOES MASCHINE HAVE THAT THE ROGER LINN DRUM II DON'T? :rofl:

His first and second designs.

314dm4j.jpg

Now in all I wouldn't say Maschine can kiss you know what, but it's not for me and if it works for you ok cool.

i will buy this roger linn drum when it drops when is that? i will still keep the 2000xl i will die with this machine matter a fact in my will all my money is going to my mpc lol love her to death

i will buy this roger linn drum when it drops when is that? i will still keep the 2000xl i will die with this machine matter a fact in my will all my money is going to my mpc lol love her to death

:rofl::rofl: Man you crazy no you didn't say in your WILL lol hahah :rofl: I kinda feel like you do on the real, I love my MPC2000XL.

I hope Roger at least put out two different kinds of that machine, the
3rd and 2nd versions he should put out, he can keep that boom chick blue looking thingy. I like the way the pads are it's like keyboard style, that is hot.

---------- Post added at 06:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:00 PM ----------

:rofl::rofl:
Did you say a WILL for the MPC? lol I feel the same way I love my MPC2000xl. I am going to cop that Roger Linn too.

on another note DanOC, i aint gonna lie man, i been messin with reason 4 and its real tight. i still need to mess with it a lot longer but it doesn't seem that hard to use. the main thing that i don't like about maschine is the fact that its real bare as far as sequencing, which isn't that bad for the type of music i do, and the fx arent that good. ive been looking at DAWs that aren't hard to use and reason with recycle might be the way to go for me.

Maschine is very glitzy and fancy. It also is easy to use- the software/hardware marriage works great and makes things simple. However, it does lack some things that MPCs have such as Time Stretch that can make MPCs invaluable to some.

on another note DanOC, i aint gonna lie man, i been messin with reason 4 and its real tight. i still need to mess with it a lot longer but it doesn't seem that hard to use. the main thing that i don't like about maschine is the fact that its real bare as far as sequencing, which isn't that bad for the type of music i do, and the fx arent that good. ive been looking at DAWs that aren't hard to use and reason with recycle might be the way to go for me.

Yo DDAY I am way ahead of you bro. I have Record/Reason, it's a freakin beast, this is what I did in it and just one of the many tracks. I love Reason but Record and Reason together is a beast!

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/X8l5avfxMmY&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/X8l5avfxMmY&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0xe1600f&color2=0xfebd01&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

<object width="500" height="405"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/252zaeAFIvk&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/252zaeAFIvk&hl=en_US&fs=1?rel=0&color1=0x234900&color2=0x4e9e00&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="500" height="405"></embed></object>

At the end the beat was done in Record.
Yo DDAY, they are about to Drop the new Reason 5 and Reccord 1.5. Reason 5 will have SAMPLING where you can sample from records now. They will have a new beat machine in it called KONG! plus some other goodies. Record 1.5 will come with Autotune in it called Neptune. Man it's about to be on and crackin! Man you gotta go to Propellerheads and check that joint out, you think Reason is a beast now? Man listen Reason 5 is about to do taking over!

Reason to me it's sequencer is just like the MPC, it's so easy to use and the editing is nice, they can improve on the editing but it's so easy than those other programs.

---------- Post added at 08:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 AM ----------

The Roger Linn looks sick..and im sure it'll be crazy. But how much is that gonna cost?

It will probably be about $1,200 I can only hope, no matter what I am getting it. I love the piano style pads vs my MPC 2000xl pad setup. If it cost 2,000 IM GETTING IT THAT DAY!

If I bought a Ford SUV in 2007 and it gave me no problem, guess what in 2010 Ima get another Ford, because of it's rep and how it held me down. I already know what the MPC can do why switch? ima just upgrade and I can hook that up to my computer and drag and drop wav samples back and forth. Heck I do that now with my MPC2000xl. Man listen I got plans lol hahahah :rofl:

I am selling my Maschine. PM me for details! =) Thanks guys.

I am selling my Maschine. PM me for details! =) Thanks guys.

36_2_34.gif

Yo Hold up did he say what I think he said? LOL

36_11_6.jpg

Oh my gawd did Mitch say he was SELLING HIS MASCHINE? lol Wow!!!

Mitch why kid? Isn't Maschine the hottest thing since mayo? :rofl: Why sell it? I mean isn't it better than the MPC? :rofl::rofl: I gotta hear this! With all the Maschine lovers around you should have NO PROBLEM SELLING THAT! Lets see how fast it sells, let us know.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

On the real Maschine can kiss Roger Linn's drum machine

(_____o_____)<-----right about now with the joints I displayed. Ima stick to what I know and RL is better than the Maschine, but if people is rocking with the Maschine ok cool do your thing, but think not for one second that will change my mind about the RL Drum II series. When it drops I am getting it for sure! :carnageFP:

Last edited:
36_2_34.gif

Yo Hold up did he say what I think he said? LOL

36_11_6.jpg

Oh my gawd did Mitch say he was SELLING HIS MASCHINE? lol Wow!!!

Mitch why kid? Isn't Maschine the hottest thing since mayo? :rofl: Why sell it? I mean isn't it better than the MPC? :rofl::rofl: I gotta hear this! With all the Maschine lovers around you should have NO PROBLEM SELLING THAT! Lets see how fast it sells, let us know.

---------- Post added at 07:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:20 AM ----------

On the real Maschine can kiss Roger Linn's drum machine

(_____o_____)<-----right about now with the joints I displayed. Ima stick to what I know and RL is better than the Maschine, but if people is rocking with the Maschine ok cool do your thing, but think not for one second that will change my mind about the RL Drum II series. When it drops I am getting it for sure! :carnageFP:

Peace DaNoc. Not hating but I don't think those were your best beats. I've heard some of your stuff before and been impressed but I don't know if I would have chosen those to display the power or Reason and Record.

I think the Linn Drum II series will be nice...if it ever comes out. Haven't they been talking about it forever now? It's become more of a myth to me. I'll be damn sure interested if I ever see it. At the rate it's going it will be out right around the same time as Detox.

Peace DaNoc. Not hating but I don't think those were your best beats. I've heard some of your stuff before and been impressed but I don't know if I would have chosen those to display the power or Reason and Record.

I think the Linn Drum II series will be nice...if it ever comes out. Haven't they been talking about it forever now? It's become more of a myth to me. I'll be damn sure interested if I ever see it. At the rate it's going it will be out right around the same time as Detox.

It's like this, if it never comes out I will still be with my MPC2000sxl so I can't lose! If it does drop I will get it. :)

If one wants to experience the power of Reason/Record they need to get it, don't depend on my music to show it all, just a demo.

that roger lynn machine is vaporware, in theory it should be a mpc killer.
maschine is a step in the right direction mpc needs to step up on their quality.

expect to pay at least 1,500 for a roger linn and max around 3G but id expect it to be 2000.

however that shit u aint seen an actual physical prototype just computer graphics so the cats that say kangz thang is vapour have to put roger linns in line 1st for the charge of vapour ware.

masChine is that new ish surprised no one else came with this idea b4 hand time strectch is a minor and something that is easily added with updates

Akai could of had this idea first but they no longer innovate in their products. Akai uses its name to get customers and relies on you being stuck with them nobody i know has a new mpc all of them have 2000xls 3000s & 4000s the 5000 is not a flagship mpc it does not deserve that title at all. Idk why they even bothered with the 2500 tec in both is outdated to shit and should of been cheaper

Maschine is very glitzy and fancy. It also is easy to use- the software/hardware marriage works great and makes things simple. However, it does lack some things that MPCs have such as Time Stretch that can make MPCs invaluable to some.

timestretch has already been announced as a coming feature in the very near future.
also pad linking and many more new features... check the NI forums for the post called "on the record" where you can talk direct to the devs of maschine ...

---------- Post added at 10:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:12 AM ----------

btw i haven't checked this thread in a while but i gotta ask. why has it degraded down to stupid smileys and finger point and essentially fan boys ranting? i know the thread has a horrid title but the topic in here b4 was pretty intelligent. then it just fell apart. no need to hate on one piece of equip over another. hel i rock both an mpc and maschine. I tend to prefer my maschine for the fact that it is way faster to use, has more possibilities and sounds just as good (yes i have done extensive A/B testing between maschine and my mpc and my asr. and I gotta say maschine does not lose a step at all in this department.) oh an about the linn II unfortunately as far as has been posted by roger himself linndrum II is on a very long long track as he had stopped working on it for a while do to some new velocity sensitive touch screen thing he has been trying to work with. I hope what he comes out with is great. I really do. i just wouldn't hold my breath for it. at least till we see it in actual testing. besides the previous designs didn't look that great sample edit wise anyway (though having a dave smith synth built in looks dope but they have already confirmed that that idea has been nixed :( )

---------- Post added at 10:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:22 AM ----------

i picked this up yesterday and took it back today. mpc shits on this. i didnt like fl and the sound of the digital drum engines. but this is my opinon only. i dont want to say its bad. if i had no mpc and did everything itb then this would be perfect, but i do everything analog. analog mixer, keyboards and drums.

oh quick question how in the world can you expect to learn a new piece of kit in one day???
and you didn't like the sound of the digital drum machines? what did you mean by that? you didn't like the sound library or what? cause it doesn't have a drum synth built into it YET. but if you didn't like the samples why wouldn't you be using your own? I get confused when people post up shit like this cause not to be rude but it just shows hate with out actually understanding a product... :confused:

yeah how the hell you return something and didnt read the manual for it it does not work like a mpc I almost did the same thing its a tool an insrtument and I'm still learning to play it but it is a good experience

maschine is buggy, they need to work on some things first

---------- Post added at 12:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

if i could post links, i would post the review of maschine by kero one. it's the best review i found yet.

www youtube com/watch?v=jyPdVWnmQ0I[/url]

they say hardware-software but take a look at the "MASCHINE" its realy some software with a midi controller.

Back