Page 1 of 42 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: MASCHINE!!! "Akai can kiss my ass."

Thanks

MASCHINE!!! "Akai can kiss my ass."

Sign in to disable this ad

Thanks
    nice vids it looks pretty simple to use it.. but i duno if saying akai you mean all akai products, mpc or maybe mpd.. the truth is that akai been here for a while and it's gona stay here for a while.. even tho i dnt have mpc i'd still choose it over that.. but no doubt, maschine is a nice peace of gear.

Thanks
    well, you still don't get that famous MPC timing but hell you get everything else plus a bag of chips. The Machine look like it might be a suitable MPC replacement if you already use a computer in you setup.
    D I C - K riders aint whoa! If you come at me sideways, I'm going bad.

Thanks
    famous mpc timing can be gotten in sooooo many other ways (and yes i love my mpc) I have been considering adding this to my setup but decided instead to calm down and wait to see what updates they release for it. if it's well supported it may just end up in the crib.
    If you're not learning you're not living.

Thanks
    I would suggest not the wet your pants just yet. The Maschine, while a really nifty product is still lacking alot in the software area. Things that will hopefully get adressed as time goes by.

Thanks
    For what it's worth, there is an update in the works as we speak with the following new features:

The update will include the following improvements:

New and improved features:
    • MIDI Out Mode for sounds
    • MIDI In for sounds and groups
    • Drag-and-Drop audio export for scenes and patterns in host
    • Record and trigger scenes switches via MIDI notes in host
    • Scene retrigger option in plugin mode
    • Loading groups without patterns
    • Additional slicing sizes (1/8th etc.)
    • REX file import (tbc)
    • Scene naming
    • Adjustable metronome volume
    • Record Count-In option
    • Quick adjustment of group and sound volumes on controller

http://www.native-instruments.com/fo...ad.php?t=80682
    Long Live the Old School!!!!

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kb420 View Post
    For what it's worth, there is an update in the works as we speak with the following new features:
    I think this update really establishes Maschine as a serious tool. Up till now things like no midi out, no Rex support, limited slicing sizes etc. really made Maschine seem incomplete...or at least, not living up to its potential. After this update that will no longer be the case IMO.

As for Maschine vs. MPC:
    Maschine operates like a hardware instrument much like a MPC or an Electribe does. You can use Maschine without ever having to look at a computer screen or use a mouse or trackpad. You can do all of the things that MPC/Electribe can and more. But it's way more flexible, powerful and innovative. And this is the first time that a step sequencer is made available in such tightly integrated hardware and software setup.

Let's see how MPC fares in comparison. Can you navigate and launch Live's clip matrix with an MPC? Can you seamlessly integrate the MPC inside any DAW without having to deal with external midi sync? Does the MPC have a x0x/electribe-like step sequencer? How about being able to load more than 128MB of samples at a time? Many people run into problems with external midi sync with Live and hardware like MPC. Maschine removes all that hassle so that you won't ever have to worry about midi cables, master/slave/time code settings, timing...etc.

The MPC is still useful by itself for a lot of people, no doubt. But it is very outdated and too limited for many people who eventually gravitate toward a more flexible and powerful software based setups and ultimately get disappointed by the very uninspiring 'clicking around with the mouse' workflow with software that is antithetical to hardware like MPC and Electribe. Maschine is a perfect solution for those people. MPC is a great instrument but is outdated in comparison.

Thanks
    I hate x0x style

Thanks
    hoenstly i know someone who has machine it's great piece of equipment but buggy as hell like most ni products they still havent gotten all of the bugs out of battery 3.
    GEAR LIST:
    IMAC 2.4GHZ DUO CORE INTEL, 4GB OF RAM 250 HARD DRIVE, PROPELLERHEAD RECORD,REASON 4 , MOTU ETHNO INSTRUMENTS PRO-TOOLS M-POWERED 8 , RECYCLE 2.1, LOGIC PRO 8, CUBASE 5, M-AUDIO TORQ,500gb external hard drive, 320 EXTERNAL HARD DRIVE, 250 GIG HARD DRIVE EXTERNAL FOR REFILLS KEYSTATION PRO 88, AKAI MPD32, OXYGEN 8, BEHRINGER BCF 2000,M-AUDIO FIREWIRE 410, KRK ROCKIT 8'S & 5'S AND SUB,STANTON TURNTABLES
    THE MOTTO IS F*** HARDWARE SOFTWARE IS BETTER BOTTOM LINE.

Thanks
    ima have 2 go to guitar center and check this toy out
    EQUIPMENT= MPC 1000+FANTOM X6+PRO TOOLS LE
    MASSIVE+BATTERY

Thread Information