MASCHINE!!! "Akai can kiss my ass."

nice vids it looks pretty simple to use it.. but i duno if saying akai you mean all akai products, mpc or maybe mpd.. the truth is that akai been here for a while and it's gona stay here for a while.. even tho i dnt have mpc i'd still choose it over that.. but no doubt, maschine is a nice peace of gear.

well, you still don't get that famous MPC timing but hell you get everything else plus a bag of chips. The Machine look like it might be a suitable MPC replacement if you already use a computer in you setup.

famous mpc timing can be gotten in sooooo many other ways (and yes i love my mpc) I have been considering adding this to my setup but decided instead to calm down and wait to see what updates they release for it. if it's well supported it may just end up in the crib.

I would suggest not the wet your pants just yet. The Maschine, while a really nifty product is still lacking alot in the software area. Things that will hopefully get adressed as time goes by.

For what it's worth, there is an update in the works as we speak with the following new features:

The update will include the following improvements:

New and improved features:
  • MIDI Out Mode for sounds
  • MIDI In for sounds and groups
  • Drag-and-Drop audio export for scenes and patterns in host
  • Record and trigger scenes switches via MIDI notes in host
  • Scene retrigger option in plugin mode
  • Loading groups without patterns
  • Additional slicing sizes (1/8th etc.)
  • REX file import (tbc)
  • Scene naming
  • Adjustable metronome volume
  • Record Count-In option
  • Quick adjustment of group and sound volumes on controller

http://www.native-instruments.com/forum_us/showthread.php?t=80682

For what it's worth, there is an update in the works as we speak with the following new features:
I think this update really establishes Maschine as a serious tool. Up till now things like no midi out, no Rex support, limited slicing sizes etc. really made Maschine seem incomplete...or at least, not living up to its potential. After this update that will no longer be the case IMO.

As for Maschine vs. MPC:
Maschine operates like a hardware instrument much like a MPC or an Electribe does. You can use Maschine without ever having to look at a computer screen or use a mouse or trackpad. You can do all of the things that MPC/Electribe can and more. But it's way more flexible, powerful and innovative. And this is the first time that a step sequencer is made available in such tightly integrated hardware and software setup.

Let's see how MPC fares in comparison. Can you navigate and launch Live's clip matrix with an MPC? Can you seamlessly integrate the MPC inside any DAW without having to deal with external midi sync? Does the MPC have a x0x/electribe-like step sequencer? How about being able to load more than 128MB of samples at a time? Many people run into problems with external midi sync with Live and hardware like MPC. Maschine removes all that hassle so that you won't ever have to worry about midi cables, master/slave/time code settings, timing...etc.

The MPC is still useful by itself for a lot of people, no doubt. But it is very outdated and too limited for many people who eventually gravitate toward a more flexible and powerful software based setups and ultimately get disappointed by the very uninspiring 'clicking around with the mouse' workflow with software that is antithetical to hardware like MPC and Electribe. Maschine is a perfect solution for those people. MPC is a great instrument but is outdated in comparison.

hoenstly i know someone who has machine it's great piece of equipment but buggy as hell like most ni products they still havent gotten all of the bugs out of battery 3.

Tried NI product, its ok for what it is, but it is NO MPC. PERIOD.

there is ALOT MORE to the MPC Series than what you may think.
i am sure if you dig deep you will find that the MPC will out weigh that maschine by far.

i dont know what MPC you are comparing the maschine to.
if its an akai controller then thats another subject, but if your talking an mpc3000,2000XL, or older rodger linn series, YOU CAN FORGET IT.

Tried NI product, its ok for what it is, but it is NO MPC. PERIOD.
If you can't back that up with any kind of explanation, just move on.

there is ALOT MORE to the MPC Series than what you may think.
i am sure if you dig deep you will find that the MPC will out weigh that maschine by far.
Haha. MPCs definitely "out weigh" the Maschine by far. I agree with you there. MPCs (other than MPC500) are unnecessarily big and heavy.

If you can't back that up with any kind of explanation, just move on.

Haha. MPCs definitely "out weigh" the Maschine by far. I agree with you there. MPCs (other than MPC500) are unnecessarily big and heavy.

well to start off, tell us what sample rate the NI can sample lp's, cd's or any outward analog or digital device, without a pc

according to NI you can sample audio internal or external through "your sound card" what a phucking gimmick.

high priced trigger finger, not sold on this.

well to start off, tell us what sample rate the NI can sample lp's, cd's or any outward analog or digital device, without a pc

according to NI you can sample audio internal or external through "your sound card" what a phucking gimmick.
It's meant for producers who realize the advantages of a computer software setup but want it to work just like hardware. It never pretends that it doesn't require a computer. So for any die-hard hardware purist who would never want to be near a computer when making beats, it's not for them.

high priced trigger finger, not sold on this.

There is no way that a generic midi pad controller configured/hacked to work with software can compete with a MPC or Maschine in terms of workflow. Most software + midi controller setup still forces you to use the mouse to click through menus, and stare at computer screens. Maschine is on the next level with a MPC/Live's session view hybrid with an Electribe style step sequencer and knob tweakage included, along with APC40's clip matrix mode for Live, all within a hardware-like feel and workflow.

Here's a great sample based maschine video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S17t5jlE96w

Back