making beats?

J

jive95

hello, My name is J.J., and I have been rapping alot lately. I am very musical and I need to know all the equipment needed to make hip hop beats. Please be in depth and name some samplers that are very good.

thank you very much, your member, J.J.

Wanna rap my song?

Hey JJ. I have this song I made and I think it's pretty cool for a rap. Send me an email at dmauco@yahoo.com and I'll send you my song to you. See if you can rap it out.

I have a song might be able to put some kind of lyrics to actually quite a few. I use Mixman studio quite alot and have tons of tracks, I just made one today called LED and its kinda hip-hop \ jungle. I have around 10 others you might like. E-Mail me at Zman9001@hotmail.com

Learn the basics of samplism!

Before buying a sampler (AKAI S1000/S2000 is nice for a start - for hip-hop at least), start playing with samples in a simple pc-program, such as FastTracker II, or Fruityloops. Once u start to understand the basics, it might be the right time 2 move ahead, and buy urself a sampler (easy 2 afford with the numerous gigs you´re gonna have - LOL).......

Other brands of samplers I don´t know nothing about..... So speak up kids, mark ==> it´s for hip-hop use......

For a gritty sounding hip hop drum machine you might want to check out an emu sp-1200. It's a vintage machine (used by pete rock, large professor,dr.dre,etc.) The only catch is that they're not being made any more, so you'd have to buy one used- but it'll still be worth it.............or if you want a solid synth/ keyboard with a built in sampler that can give you a hardcore sound, then you'll want an ensoniq asr-10(used by RZA, the alchemist,dj muggs,etc.) Just as the sp they are no longer being made, but still many mint ones out there.....there is also the korg trinity and korg triton, which are still being made right at this minute.(used by swizz beats, dj shok, mario winans,dr.dre,etc.)....hope i was helpful!!! want to know more? email me at gos1981@yahoo.com

Back