Looks like Roland might take over my studio!

G

GoGetta

B/c the sh!t they doin is startin to make since to me!:) The Fantom-X comes wit 32mb memory ram and 32mb flash rom that's GREAT!:cool: It's several peeps on the site that still usin there XL 32mb memory ram for years! My Motif ES6 didnt come wit memory, none at all not even a lil bit damn shame if u ask me!:mad: Im also lookin into coppin the MV-8000 and later this month Im goin to go demo the Fantom-X to see if its a all around better buy then my Motif ES6. Sh!t I might even cop some roland monitor speakers DS-90A! Roland is stepin up there game mos def! What does everyone on the Future Producer site think about Roland! Holla at me and let me kno yur opinion's please Thankx!:D

rolands been puttin it down for years dog

you can't go wrong with the fantom x
or mv8k no matter what people say

Just pick up the extra RAM for your Motif. It's only about $30. I rather have the savings passed down to me for having a memory upgrade option instead of paying mad money for a more expensive keyboard. The Motif ES is sick.

the fantom x also comes with digital output. I listened to one yesterday, I was very impressed with the sound and the design, so many innovative usable sounds. I plan to borrow one from guitar center real soon to see how it sounds through my monitors.If I like it I'll return it and get it online for 400 bucks less. The downside to the fantom x: Not very many arppegiator patterns (128)compared to the other workstations and I don't think it does the guitar strums like the ES. A shame considering all the nice guitar sounds they got in it.

motif has digital out and strumming guitar arps.

In the end, it comes down to what works best for you.

My favorite roland product is the JP-8000. killer sound!

Posts: 316 the fantom x also comes with digital output. I listened to one yesterday, I was very impressed with the sound and the design, so many innovative usable sounds. I plan to borrow one from guitar center real soon to see how it sounds through my monitors.If I like it I'll return it and get it online for 400 bucks less.

Does'nt guitar center price match? You planning on getting a used one this soon?

I PEEPED THE FANTOM LST NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and jesus

fantom>>>>motif

Yep the FANTOM X seems like a great workstation.

As for Roland in general, I used to have an XV-3080 sound module which was great... There was also my trusted MC-303 Groovebox which I loved for a few years... I ended up giving it to a friend as a graduation present as I wasn't too much into dance music anymore :) ... but I remember being "super fast" at using this thing. Sure was fun...

My master controller is still a Roland (RD-150 Digital Piano) and if I were to switch to a new controller I have to say that the Fantom X8 (with piano keys) would definitely be a tempting choice...

There you go, I hope this helps!
Take care

-mano

yeah roland ish is tight. i got an xp-60. I like all there new stuff MV-8000, Fantom's, MC-909's,
also there mixing packages.

F!ck nice whip homie! The Fantom-X does have the mega voices like the Motif ES6 MadScience but the downfall might be the arppegiator patterns for the fantom-X compared to the Motif ES6 that has several 1000 somethin!:bigeyes:

~The Motif ES u have to again buy extra sh!t to get the digital i/o while the Fantom-X comes standard wit the digital i/o that's tight as well IMO!:D

Last edited by a moderator:
MadScience said:
the fantom x also comes with digital output. I listened to one yesterday, I was very impressed with the sound and the design, so many innovative usable sounds. I plan to borrow one from guitar center real soon to see how it sounds through my monitors.If I like it I'll return it and get it online for 400 bucks less. The downside to the fantom x: Not very many arppegiator patterns (128)compared to the other workstations and I don't think it does the guitar strums like the ES. A shame considering all the nice guitar sounds they got in it.

yea it does the guitar strums nicely
with chord roll

good to know that ,thanks.And speaks I don't know if guitar center will price match with an out the door price for what I can get it on line for with riks music's discount plus no tax. they would have to make it like 1550 plus tax to get to the 1700 riks is selling it for.I doubt they would do that, not sure though.

They will do it. One of my boys picked up a brand new triton studio 61 for $1200 price match. Figure how who's willing to take out of their comm. to hook you up.

Back