KORG R3 vs MicroKORG

E

Eddiemagic5

I was wondering what advantaged does the KORG R3 have over the MicroKORG besides the better mic for the vocoder. The R3 is about $170 more than the microKorg im just wondering whats a better buy and if the extra $170 is worth it. thanks

Okay, I did some research on my own. I asked a Sweetwater rep and this is what he said:

Basically, the Korg R3 is a more feature-laden keyboard, with more sounds on board and more polyphony as well. They generally have the same synth engine under the hood, with the R3 being the more powerful of the two. If budget is the issue, the Microkorg will do a lot of what the R3 will do, but the R3 is definitely the big brother.

Thanks bxdiplomat for your post. People have said the microKORG have better sounding presets but the R3 sounds better once you get used to tweaking the sounds. Hmmm, any other input guys? I'm still very open to opinions :)

R3 has a slightly better vocoder, but also comes with a better mic.

You're welcome.

Last edited:
first off your prices are off. microkorg is 399 new, r3 is 650 new. essentially you're getting the same type of korg sounds, what you pay for are OSCs, modulation options, filters, polyphony etc. also the micro has MICRO keys, small. both are a good buy imo, but yu can get a korg ms2000 used in the 300 range thats a classic piece.

The Radias Enginer (Korg R3) is much cleaner and brighter than the Ms2000 Engine (MicroKorg). It's up to you where you want the synth to sit in the mix. I am loving my Ms2000B.

Last edited:
Back