korg kronos

D major

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHV3rnkGt3E
this is a way korg should of went instead of making the m3 which in my opinion kinda sucked.But 3000 dollars for just a 61 workstation is kinda high up for any kinda of workstaion. But it also does look like this machine is a totally new beast that cant be done with any workstation right now.

I never loved the m3 either but this is very interesting. I think the m3 had its place though. Ive been drooling over this for about a week now

Kronos was definitely one of the highlights of NAMM for me. this is where workstation keyboards should have gone a few years ago. SSD is cheap enough now where the board doesn't have to cost more than a Miko lol time to grind and get some money for this lol

I dont understand why workstations are still so costly anyway. Any insight FM? I would think that top end workstations would go for around a grand by now and wouldn't be too far off from a Miko. SSD should be standard in workstations.

dam if only i had waited i would of gotten this instead of the motif sx but thats cool i guess i got what i need as far as sounds. The sweet thing with this and the motif xfis the ability to just transfer over audio by usb that means no more tracking out and waiting. Hell if this kinda things are what korg and motif are coming out with i think im gonna wait for akai to learn and drop there revolutionary mpc or just wait for the linndrum 2.

Kronos was definitely one of the highlights of NAMM for me. this is where workstation keyboards should have gone a few years ago. SSD is cheap enough now where the board doesn't have to cost more than a Miko lol time to grind and get some money for this lol

The Alesis Fusion tried this a few years ago. Same basic concept, multiple synthesis types, hard disk storage etc. The Kronos looks pretty awesome, but I'll stick to my Fusion, mostly because I can't afford something as expensive as the Kronos.

what sucks about past workstations for me is that it takes a long time i mean a really long time to load drum samples in wav. If this board can provide fast loading with wavs im sure once the price drops i will buy it just for the sack of the fast workflow.Idk this thing needs to be interagated to be sure its not a open labs rip off and is not another cosmetic upgrade from the m3.

Idk this thing needs to be interagated to be sure its not a open labs rip off and is not another cosmetic upgrade from the m3.
Open lab products run a special version of windows xp, and operates only with vsts...Kronos is a self contained unit, which offers 9 synth engines, so it's much more then a cosmetic upgrade from an m3...

I agree man, definitely one of my favorite things at NAMM this year as well, I told you!

The videos don't do it justice as you know lol.

Wait till folks hear it in person

I want one.

Jeez, you guys finally saw this:p I posted in another thread about this a week or two ago, and nobody was on it. This is def what hardware workstations should be going to. I almost may have to have it:p I left Korg for the Motif XS which i do like, but this looks great also. Maybe both for me, maybe none.

What is an ssd (assuming it stands for solid state drive) and what is its significance. not sure how this differs from other boards but i am looking to get a board for the other producers that come through here.

The Kronos looks sick, I like Korg products and I chose the M3 over the Motif a few years ago. Yeah The M3 looks astheticly crap but the board itself is awesome. The Modulation capabilities are ridiculous and KARMA is a beast. A little too complexed but a beast non the less. I was consideing upgrading to the Kronos but I can't justify the cost for one piece of gear. PLus the M3 is more than enough to keep me going for the next few years.

Has anybody actually demo'ed the Kronos?

Back