Korg ES-1 vs. ES-1 mkII. What's the difference?

i don think there is any difference except for the out side...
that's why they came out with esx-1...

RanCIDmilk said:
i don think there is any difference except for the out side...
that's why they came out with esx-1...

I thought the same thing at first, until I noticed that the price on the ES-1 mkII is higher than the original ES-1. Maybe there is more sample time or less problem with bugs on the new one.

i have the original es1. after researching the korg website, the only changes i see are a new set of presets, a slight change in the master delay function, and more robust knobs. sample time is the same, sample frequency is the same, number of samples, number of patterns, sample memory...all the same. the new knobs are nice, but i tend to baby my equipment so i'm ok with the old ones. not enough to justify the extra money, imo. if you really want a korg es go with the esx1. if you can't afford that, the original es1 will do you just fine. they're cheap on ebay, too.

Thank yall for the info, cause the folks at Guitar Center was looking at me like I was stupid for asking. I think the original would do good enough for me.

Again thanks.

I just ordered my Es-1 mkII via Ebay (Dutch Ebay that is) and the mkII was actually cheaper (280 euro) than the original Es-1 (400 euro), while both are new, fresh out of the box. The store that sold it was German and after some research I found out that in Germany you can buy the mkII cheaper than the original es-1, around 300 euros. Isn’t this really strange? Maybe a large company got bankrupt and sold it’s stock…? My luck

:cool:

what kind of other equipment would be good to go with a korg es(which ever) to make the best beats and is it good enough for say kayne west beats(not saying im him) but say he got a korg es mkll could he make as good of beats

I dunno what a midi keyboard could o to help unless it has onboard sounds...but then again, what would sequence it? THe ES will run you out of tracks.

it does have sampling options u just need to buy the expansion card for the le,n it works of compact flash cards not floppys

Back