Korg 01W / Korg X5DR Sequencing Relationship

DHearl

I use a Korg 01W for sequencing tracks (400 sounds/ 16 tracks). I would like to use the Korg X5DR as my sound generator. I can get the two to recognize each other in the midi hookup, however, I have been unsuccessful in getting the X5DR sounds into the 01W sequencer tracks for recording and playback. Is there anyone who can tell me which settings to change in each unit to accomplish this? Thanks.

This is not going to happen, not in the sense that everything would be store on the 01/W. MIDI doesn't have much anything to do with sound, nor does it transport sound in any way - it's only control data that tells another device when to play which note, and so on. You can, however, sequence both devices on the 01/W and record their audio output to, say, a DAW (or if you just want to listen to the playback, connect them to a mixer).

Last edited:
Hi,

No, the microKorg S has NO built-in sequencer. Only an arpeggiator.

Korg sells the SQ1, which is a portable 16 step sequencer that you can connect through MIDI. But its possibilities are limited. E.g. you can not save a sequence. It depends a bit what you are looking after.
Im not aware of other portable sequencers. Anything can be used, as long as it has a MIDI out.

Bye



Back