importing wav files on triton extreme HELP PLEASE!

lilawreebeats

wuzup fp? i juss got a triton extreme, and i was wondering, how do you upload drum samples? let's say i have an 808 that i tweaked on fruity loops, & save it as a wav. file how do i import that one sample into the triton so i can use it on my beats? and how do i access it? im catchin hell with this and the manual doesnt exactly explain it. been trying to figure this out for a while all feedback is appreciated, thanks

i just typed the longest explanation on how to do this... and this stupid website told me i wasnt logged in. lol pressed the back button and everything is gone. Man i'll help you if you wanna PM me. or i'll retype it if i have to. But ur not even online... so just let me know.

ok... second attempt.

Just to let you know, I have a Triton Studio, so i dont have the USB option, Im stuck with burning things to CDs like Xabition said. So here we go...

IMPORTING THE SAMPLE

1.) Take that tweaked 808 you made and burn it to a CD. preferably a CD-RW so u can always erase it and use it again. Why waste a whole CD puttin a few sounds on there right?

2.) Insert CD into drive, press SAMPLING button, then the MENU button (next to the numbers) On the Touch screen press (Audio CD) Now the next step depends on what you want to do.

3.) At the bottom of the screen should be the words "Start" and "End" which lets you specify how much of the sample you want to rip. (sometimes the one shots on CDs also come with extra blank space) Either you can do that or you can just rip the entire sound and trim down the .wav until you have it perfect.

4.) Once you have that. in the top right of the screen press the dropdown arrow and select "Rip to Destination" (or write to destination) select RAM or DISK, whichever one shows you the files you have saved.

5.) Name your file and let it do its thing... beacuse this is where things get serious. lol

LOADING THE SAMPLE

1.) Press DISK button and find your newly imported .wav. Select the .wav​

2.) Select the "Load" tab at the bottom of the screen. Now, in the top right touch the dropdown box and select Load file or Load Event (whatever it is) lol. Now your sample is loaded. BUT WHERE?!?!​

RETRIEVING THE SAMPLE

1.) Press the SAMPLING button, Make sure your Index is on 001 for those set of keys (you can change them later). Under the picture of the virtual keyboard, you will see a dropdown box. press that and select your sample.​

2.) Now in order to use that sample, you have to save the Multi-Sample. But you need to trim the sample to make sure when u press the key, it hits INSTANTLY and not all delayed as if you played it from the CD.​

EDITING THE SAMPLE

1.) While on the SAMPLING screen, press the MENU button and select "Sample Edit." use the dropdown box to chose the sample you want to edit.​

2.) At the bottom of the screen again you will see "Start" and "End" use those numbers to trim where the sample starts and stops. You can also touch the WAVE pattern shown on the screen and use your Scrolling Wheel to edit the sample. *note* its really easier to just do this in the AUDIO CD screen with the start and end function before you rip the sample... to avoid all of this.

3.) After Editing your sample, press exit and test it out with the virtual keyboard by pressing the corresponding keys, You now have an 808 Kick that is like a note. The lower keys make a lower kick, and the higher keys make a higher kick.​

4.) Last but not least, save the Multi Sample. press the dropdown box in the top right corner and select "Write to Program" (I use Program because those are single instruments, Combination is used when you want to layer instruments and add FX and such)​

5.) Name The Multisample. If you dont, it will name it MS___001, 002, 003 and so forth and that crap gets confusing. Chose where you want it to go and continue.​

USING THE SAMPLE

1.) Nooooow after all of that is said and done, press the SEQ button and start a sequence as you normally would,

2.) Select the track you to have your kick, press the bank button on that track that brings up your instruments, find where u place that kick... and now u have it selected. lol BAM!! There is your kick, Sound Effect, Sample, Chop, Flip, Loop whatever u decided to use.

3.) When you go and save your Sequence, make sure select the option that includes saving ALL so it will included you loaded samples.

4.) The next time you goto load up your project, select the .SNG file and check the "LOAD .KSC" button as well, these are your samples. There u have it.

Now everyone... this is why i am not a sample based producer. lol, i sample from time to time, but its so tedious to do on this Keyboard. Even tho it looks like a lot to read, after u have done it a number of times, it becomes so simple. I can load up a sample, chop it and use what i want in a good 10 mins. The Triton however... does have a Time Slice option, which auto slices the sample. But thats a whole separate tutorial... jeez man.

If you have anymore questions just let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
ook i have a triton classic and do i do the same? i cant burn a cd and use if i have a floppy soon to have the scsi for if so right now thats what im waiting on.

in a sense... instead of ripping the .wav from the CD, you have it easy. You can just press the DISK button, use the dropdown box (which actually goes up this time) to select either "Floppy Disk" or "SCSI Drive" and load the sample from there. Use the "Utilities" Tab and make sure u copy the .wav to your internal memory if you are able to do so. So u wont have to keep using your disks.

DJMateo904 said:
i just typed the longest explanation on how to do this... and this stupid website told me i wasnt logged in. lol pressed the back button and everything is gone. Man i'll help you if you wanna PM me. or i'll retype it if i have to. But ur not even online... so just let me know.

ok... second attempt.

Just to let you know, I have a Triton Studio, so i dont have the USB option, Im stuck with burning things to CDs like Xabition said. So here we go...

IMPORTING THE SAMPLE

1.) Take that tweaked 808 you made and burn it to a CD. preferably a CD-RW so u can always erase it and use it again. Why waste a whole CD puttin a few sounds on there right?

2.) Insert CD into drive, press SAMPLING button, then the MENU button (next to the numbers) On the Touch screen press (Audio CD) Now the next step depends on what you want to do.

3.) At the bottom of the screen should be the words "Start" and "End" which lets you specify how much of the sample you want to rip. (sometimes the one shots on CDs also come with extra blank space) Either you can do that or you can just rip the entire sound and trim down the .wav until you have it perfect.

4.) Once you have that. in the top right of the screen press the dropdown arrow and select "Rip to Destination" (or write to destination) select RAM or DISK, whichever one shows you the files you have saved.

5.) Name your file and let it do its thing... beacuse this is where things get serious. lol

LOADING THE SAMPLE

2.) Select the "Load" tab at the bottom of the screen. Now, in the top right touch the dropdown box and select Load file or Load Event (whatever it is) lol. Now your sample is loaded. BUT WHERE?!?!​

RETRIEVING THE SAMPLE

1.) Press the SAMPLING button, Make sure your Index is on 001 for those set of keys (you can change them later). Under the picture of the virtual keyboard, you will see a dropdown box. press that and select your sample.​

2.) Now in order to use that sample, you have to save the Multi-Sample. But you need to trim the sample to make sure when u press the key, it hits INSTANTLY and not all delayed as if you played it from the CD.​

EDITING THE SAMPLE

1.) While on the SAMPLING screen, press the MENU button and select "Sample Edit." use the dropdown box to chose the sample you want to edit.​

2.) At the bottom of the screen again you will see "Start" and "End" use those numbers to trim where the sample starts and stops. You can also touch the WAVE pattern shown on the screen and use your Scrolling Wheel to edit the sample. *note* its really easier to just do this in the AUDIO CD screen with the start and end function before you rip the sample... to avoid all of this.

3.) After Editing your sample, press exit and test it out with the virtual keyboard by pressing the corresponding keys, You now have an 808 Kick that is like a note. The lower keys make a lower kick, and the higher keys make a higher kick.​

4.) Last but not least, save the Multi Sample. press the dropdown box in the top right corner and select "Write to Program" (I use Program because those are single instruments, Combination is used when you want to layer instruments and add FX and such)​

5.) Name The Multisample. If you dont, it will name it MS___001, 002, 003 and so forth and that crap gets confusing. Chose where you want it to go and continue.​

USING THE SAMPLE

1.) Nooooow after all of that is said and done, press the SEQ button and start a sequence as you normally would,

2.) Select the track you to have your kick, press the bank button on that track that brings up your instruments, find where u place that kick... and now u have it selected. lol BAM!! There is your kick, Sound Effect, Sample, Chop, Flip, Loop whatever u decided to use.

3.) When you go and save your Sequence, make sure select the option that includes saving ALL so it will included you loaded samples.

4.) The next time you goto load up your project, select the .SNG file and check the "LOAD .KSC" button as well, these are your samples. There u have it.

Now everyone... this is why i am not a sample based producer. lol, i sample from time to time, but its so tedious to do on this Keyboard. Even tho it looks like a lot to read, after u have done it a number of times, it becomes so simple. I can load up a sample, chop it and use what i want in a good 10 mins. The Triton however... does have a Time Slice option, which auto slices the sample. But thats a whole separate tutorial... jeez man.

man, i cant thank you enough. im gonna try this out. sounds bout rite to me... ever need something juss p m me

ok... second attempt.

IMPORTING THE SAMPLE

LOADING THE SAMPLE

RETRIEVING THE SAMPLE

EDITING THE SAMPLE

USING THE SAMPLE

Hello dear:
I have over 30 looped wav files that I have loaded to my Pa800 by using the TimeSlice I have been able to use them in the user section as a completed drum beats. They looped fine. Can I use the same procedure to load the same samples to my Triton Sutdio too. Hope you could give a hint in this regards. Thanks.

Fahim,

ok... second attempt.

IMPORTING THE SAMPLE

LOADING THE SAMPLE

RETRIEVING THE SAMPLE

EDITING THE SAMPLE

USING THE SAMPLE

Can looped wav Tabla samples can be loaded and saved by using the Time Slice procedure on Korg Triton Studio? I have done it on my Pa800 but now I wanted to save them also on my TS.

Back