If you've used a Studio 440 and SP-1200

T

Tohtruck

Hey all, just wanted to get peoples' opinions on which one has the better sound in terms of punchy snappy sounds and/or thumpy low-end.

I'm not lookin for opinions on the sequencers of the two because as far as I can tell, the Studio 440 has the beefier sequencer while the SP has the smoother learning curve albeit fewer sequencing options.

I want opinions on the samplers. Lookin for input on the gritty low-fi sound quality. Which is better, E-Mu SP1200 or Sequential Circuits Studio 440?

Thanks all

"Potholes in my lawn" and "The gas face" were both done on a Studio 440.

They're so rare I doubt any heads here have laid hands on one.

I've heard some of the 440's have bugs, and others run fine, so if you find one demo it real good, and make sure everything is in solid working order.
I imagine you'll pay quite a bit for one too considering they are vintage, and difficult to find in any condition.

Thanks for the replies fellas.

Although my question hasn't been answered, I'll just assume no one on here has really compared the sound qualities of both.

They are pretty close in comparison but the SP has more of a ring sound to it then the 440. The 440 is dope the pads tend to suck but if you an find one I would buy one I have only found 1 on ebay in the last year or so.

Back