I need your help to find a specific movie sample

irie

I'm looking for a movie that includes the following line:

"suddenly my life came in to focus"
or "everything just kind of came in to focus"

or something like that. I know I've heard this before but I can't figure out which movie it was in. if you think you know a movie that has something like this, please tell me the name.

Thanks for reading!

man, me too. I'm looking for one where there's a scene in which they play poker and this guy says "I'm from the United States of kiss my a§§"

know it?

if you sample a movie, you'll have to license the sample in order to use it out of its context.

how about doing it yourself (not sampling a movie)!

Why not just recording your own voice saying this specific sentence?

or maybe a friend of you or somebody else around? You can then resample at a lower resolution (22khz or lower even) and edit it to add the "grainy" aspect of what you may be looking for...

well, I don't really want to sample my own voice, that kind of takes the fun out of it (so does asking on the internet, you might say...). I was really hoping to find the phrase in a movie.

As far as legal issues go,
a) I plan on processing the sample to a fair degree, so it probably wouldn't be completely recognizable as being from the movie
and
b) Paul Oakenfold hasn't yet called me to spin the track out, so I don't really think any movie copyright lawyers are going to be hearing it any time soon.

thanks anyways

irie said:
Paul Oakenfold hasn't yet called me to spin the track out, so I don't really think any movie copyright lawyers are going to be hearing it any time soon.

thanks anyways

Don't take this personally :)
I really had to step in and mention this. People forget the legal aspect of things way too often. I was trying to help.

hey, is the movie American Beauty? I'm really not too sure, but it might be

Back