I need help, I'm new to the sampler world

N

Neema

I normally spin, but now i'm looking into a sampler.What is it excactly. Does it let me take snippets of songs and loop them? Can I create my own? What do they look like. I need a full definition, maybe a pic. That would be sooooooooo helpful. :)

hi neema , i'm also new to the sampler world and i ( if you can call it that , which is a thread of it's own )spin cd's , and decided to get a sampler . i did not know what i was getting into ,but i decided to get an mpc 2000xl which was recommended to me by a friend in the production industry . six weeks later i find myself totally engrossed by the machine and only using my other gear to aid in getting new samples . what i am doing the most is sampling very short phrases of a song and slicing up the sample to 16 different zones which are assigned to separate drum pads on my sampler so that i can get just the individual drums , kicks , snares , or notes of the instruments used , and then i use the drum pads to come up with my own creation , which seems to have impressed me and a few friends . i can also phrase sample and loop etc. , but the mpc allows one to do much more . i have also sampled kitchen utencils and used them in my songs , which i am able to create because the mpc has its own sequencer which allows you to build tracks separately and then layer them togeteher in playback . by making different sequences i can arrange them in any order i want and play them back as a song . as i stated i am new to this and can only speak on the mpc as i have not used other machines , but i'm sure that whatever you choose you will be impressed wiyh the creativity you will find in a box . good luck !!

Get A SU700 Neema!!!!

You know I would`nt steer you wrong kid.The Su700 would be perfect for you as you are a newbie to samplers.I own one and I`m in love with it.It is so powerful in terms of features and audo expression.Please don`t ask me to elaborate `cause it would be too long winded.Trust me you can get one brand new for $600 at Sam Ash.I paid $1200 when it came out and I have no regrets.one:)

Back