How can i read Emu sampler cds?

headsnack

I happen to get my hands on 10 Emu Sample cds, the ones that come with their ESI series. Is there any possible way of reading the audio without an Emu? I have tried them in a PC & Mac but it says they're blank.

no not directly... BUT you cna find a program to EXTRACT as WAV files the audio data from the EMU patches on the CD...

How do I do this when my computer doesn't read anything on the disc? When I look at it in windows explorer it looks the same as a blank disk, it's not like it says 'unrecognized file' or something.

If this doesn't matter then can you recommend the name of program that does such a thing? I wouldn't even know what to look for. "wave extractor for invisible emu files"???

thank you for your help

i know its normal that it shows blank! its the same thing with AKAI CDROMs

this is why you need some kind of audio extrator tool for sample cds.. they DO read the CD

I dont know of a specific program for EMU cds... I only heard of the AKAI XTRACT for AKAI CD roms... but EMU's are different so I am not sure what to tell you.

But keep in mind, its not the same as loading those patches in a real sampler... Because some patches are complex pianos and violins which proably each hold dozens of samples... mapped as keygroups etc... when you extract the audio files you loose all this information.

There's a utility for Mac that lets you read and import Akai files and you can change the to another format but with Emu I don't know , It's Osmosis by Bitheads (I think) and it works OK :cool:

the emu samplers come with emu cds u need a scsi cd player for the sampler to play they try to make u spend more money
the sounds on them probly suck any way

cascade said:
the emu samplers come with emu cds u need a scsi cd player for the sampler to play they try to make u spend more money

cascade i think you didnt get what this conversation was about (no offence :) its just true!)

the guy doesnt have a sampler, probably afriend of him gave him the 10 emu sample cdroms and he is trying ot use the patches on his computer that's all :)

oh and by the way... thye may not suck actually... a lot of these sample cds are great.. try loading banks from SYMPHONY OF VOICES or from ESTATIC REALITY or even MIROSLAV ORCHESTRA (master set).

I had to say something :)

Originally posted by cascade
Hmmm, I spose that depends on your opinion, but basically you get a load of the e-mu romplers on CD. I like them.

KasioRoks

There have got to be some dope sounds on 10 cds worth of discs. I'm in the process of re-building my computer but after I do I'm going to install that chickensys thing to try to extract 'em. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks again for all your help.

Back