Fantom X6

shocky i think i want to covert svq files to wav is that possible? i am using adobe audition

check out my first fantom x song i simple just tracked it in recording to audobe from my moblie pre so the quility isnt great yet. i would like to find out how to import svq files.

www.soundclick.com/wackpackbeats

sound for the summer

Wack Pack, that sounds pretty tight... Sounds alot like that joint with Scarface and someone else I cant think of the name right now. Keep up the good work...

i just recently bought a fantom xr and saw that i can download the xv5080 patches and put them on my fantom xr..what i want to know is will it over write my patchs on the xr..if so how can save them to my fantom xr without over writing my reg fantom patches..if i cant save them to my fantom would i be able to save them on a pc card???

Harlems Heat said:
i just recently bought a fantom xr and saw that i can download the xv5080 patches and put them on my fantom xr..what i want to know is will it over write my patchs on the xr..if so how can save them to my fantom xr without over writing my reg fantom patches..if i cant save them to my fantom would i be able to save them on a pc card???

If you load them to user memory it will overwrite. Save them to card memory. Use the fantom x librarian software.

What do you guys use to get ur fantom tracks to ur computer to mix or just get the track over on my first track i just recored it in from my fantom to my m-audio mobile pre amp then to cool edit then just mixed it to stereo i did **** with the mixer on the fantom first though im just looking for a way to send each track to the computer(ie. drums, bassline, sample, whatever). Bassically i want to mix the track with software or be able to take it to the studio so they can mix it. Im using adobe audition, does protools do what i need. Im drunk writing this but i would like to know. **** what do you guys do?

Anyone here conecting their Turntable to their fantom thru a preamp? If so any sugggestions on a good one to get or will anyone do fine?

Wack_Pack said:
What do you guys use to get ur fantom tracks to ur computer to mix or just get the track over on my first track i just recored it in from my fantom to my m-audio mobile pre amp then to cool edit then just mixed it to stereo i did **** with the mixer on the fantom first though im just looking for a way to send each track to the computer(ie. drums, bassline, sample, whatever). Bassically i want to mix the track with software or be able to take it to the studio so they can mix it. Im using adobe audition, does protools do what i need. Im drunk writing this but i would like to know. **** what do you guys do?

I may be wrong but i think you have to use the "extract" option in the track edit menu. A guy was asking a similar question on www.fantomized.info you can check there it may help you a bit more.

any got a step by step answer to loading a patch on the fantom x using the fantom x editor or library programs on the computer?

A Yo Shocky what up!!Im thinkin 'bout gettin a Fantom X6. But I have a couple concerns. (1) Are there alot of hip hop beats in there? Cause I was at the store and messing w/ one, and it didnt seem like there was many. (2)Is the "Exp. Kit" necassary? Do I really need it. And what does it do. (3)And I heard you can hook up a mic to it for vocals, is that tru? And does the software come w/ the Fantom? (3) And overall, is it good 4 hip hop in general or is it 4 like rock music. Because I do rap & want something a little more targeted for hip hop.

I know these R probably dumb ques. but Im tryin 2 figure out if this is 4 me

Thanks Dog Peace!!!!

Geeza there's no such thing as a hip hop synth, it is what you make it. The Fantom has 1000s of patches so if you can't make some hip hop with it then you're not pushing yourself and being creative!

Seriously though, i know of people who mkae beats on nothing but the Fantom and get good results. Check this link from the MPC forums, all done on the Fantom, nothing else.

http://www.soundclick.com/dakaddash

'Who I Am' is probably my favourite on there, banger.

Not to mention the Fantom has a good sampler and pads so you can make classic type hip hop joints too

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah but I do need to puts some beats up on the web. How do I? Does it cost?

I guess you don't know it all huh ? :)

I'm a Motif user, i'm here to defend the Motif. I'm not saying it's better than the Triton or the Fantom. We can be here for days arguing which one is best. If you learn the machine, by RTFM, and take the time to practice (sampling, performance editing etc etc) then it don't matter which board ya got. They all sound sweet! so seriously already, he's offering Fantom help, not bashing Triton/Motif owners.

i just got a Fantom X6 & when i save my track as a SMF & send it to my comp threw USB the beat gets all jumbled up n ****. how can i get my track from the fantom to my computer threw usb without it ****ing up ?

ok but when i save it as a svq file how do i convert it to mp3 to burn it onto cd ?

damn it'll be good if some of you fantom experts could film yourselvs making a beat on it.

Well first you have to send it to your computer and it will be a wav file by default. Then you need some type of file converter to convert it to mp3. Something like jukebox, magix music manager etc,etc. Thats how i do it if that helps. Also you should check out fantomized.info

i figured how to do it i had to 'resample' it first to make it a wav file.

another thing i was wondering is if you can get a sample to fit a certian amount of bars automatically ?
like in FL studio you click on time then '4 bars' and it automatically fits into 4 bars. is it possible to do that with samples on the fantom ?

i am curious as to how we can get that 808 bass sound on the fantom. u know the one that layers on top of the 808 kick?

anwyays, which synth bass patch is it on the fantom x?

id REALLLLLLY appreciate the help, as the 808 kick alone doesnt have the same sound i mean.

thanks guys.

Mr Layz said:
Damn... I must of got him with this one, I just bought some drum kits from Bangin' Beats and I want them in there own rhythm kit so I dont have to load them every single time I turn on the keyboard...

actually if you import wav sample drums you have to load em in when you start up. S***T but I understand what you wanted. I wish there was a faster way to load up my sounds.Take 2 damn long

Back