fantom, triton, or Nord

P

PushinKeys

I have a motif I just got it... Im looking to get one more source to complete my set up.. IM lookin into either a fantom a triton or a Nord Lead... which would you recommend. Im looking for something that has alot of different sounds then the motif.... I would consider maybe an MPC but I dont sample much Im also not into MPCs that much either.... SO please give your opinions

depends on what u want...do u mean a nord lead? first, the nord is a synthesizer so youre not going to get much if any acoustic patches at all. If you are looking for a better source of synths only and have no desire for acoustic stuff that would be the way to go. however, if you want both, then i suggest trying the fantom or triton out in the store. personally, i dig the triton and feel it complements my Motif ES more than the fantom.

dmensah1 said:
depends on what u want...do u mean a nord lead? first, the nord is a synthesizer so youre not going to get much if any acoustic patches at all. If you are looking for a better source of synths only and have no desire for acoustic stuff that would be the way to go. however, if you want both, then i suggest trying the fantom or triton out in the store. personally, i dig the triton and feel it complements my Motif ES more than the fantom.

I disagree. I think the Fantom complements the Motif more than the Triton would. I think the Motif and the Triton have alot of overlapping sounds, although the Motif's are usually a little better. The Fantom has more of a different sound than the other too. I would either have a Korg and Roland, or Yamaha and Roland. I think you can cover more genres of music with those setups

Last edited:
Okay Im kinda leaning towards the fantom the only bad thing the x6 61 key is almost 2gs.. hold Sh*t....How low do you think I could get it for...I Dont really want to get just the rack cuz I carry my board around alot...

get that fantom, hot sh*t. I got the X8
200790353.jpg

Last edited:
well first of all its really to late in the year to buy any gear unless it just came out or your gona get it used. As you can see theprices some these boards are droping and that can only mean one thing.............They might drop a new board in jan. The nord lead is classic and really easy to use and compare to the fantom or motif or trion its on the other side of the tracks. Now i see you just got the motif and i ask how many custome sounds have your created from scratch. i ask that cause alot of people really never take the time to dig into these keyboards and at the end of the day just use them as over price sample cd's...if i was you i would just use the motif a little longer and save your money for now!

Back